Boston Marathon 2012 (Read 2370 times)

xor

WAVE ONE (10a start)

ccowden     1089     Just a fun long run for me this year. 

I'm considering running in a pink skirt.  However, I bet Keith Straw will be there in his tutu and that is 1) too similar and 2) he will absolutely kick my ass by 20ish minutes anyway.  Mostly I just wanted to say 'skirt'.

bhearn

There's 27,000 runners there. There's room for both a tutu and a skirt.

Besides, Keith starts in wave 1 (7495). You're good.

I'll be there again.  Good luck all.

WAVE ONE (10a start)

DgRosen        2090     Break 3 at Boston, or take a nice fun jog depending on the weather.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Boston #2 for me...

#12587 Wave 2 Corral 4

Queen of 3rd Place

Taking up the geezer aka postmenopausal rear of the pack at #20451. Does that put me behind the charity runners?  

Ex runner

Kalsarikännit

I have a view of the Freedom Trail from my desk here in Boston and can report that the tourists are trending skinnier as the week goes on.

The skinny people are coming. The skinny people are coming.

What about the people that apparently don't own a piece of clothing that doesn't have a race logo on it?  Let us know when you see the first person just walking around pre-race in compression socks.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I cannot figure out what my bib number is or what wave I'm in.

xhristopher

Fourth wave runners don't wear bibs.

Queen of 3rd Place

Wait I thought you were doing another crazy trail run from hell this weekend. Or was that last weekend. 

Ex runner

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

March 30/April 1. Got 100k. Plenty of time to recover before my long run on Patriot's Day from Corral 4.

xor

I got boston monday, 50 miler six days later. decided against 100k in between. giddyup.

Queen of 3rd Place

Fools!

mta Smile   ...in case you didn't know

Ex runner

xor

I will also be wearing my AR50 jacket whilst at various boston activities.

j_d

j_d James Dowd  #24885  Wave 3 (that's probably pretty obvious) Goal: Sub 3:30 

My first marathon. Running for Team Rett.  Full race report to follow...

Really hoping that meteorologist at weather.com is just messing with all of us.

cstlrnr

I'm considering running in a pink skirt.  However, I bet Keith Straw will be there in his tutu and that is 1) too similar and 2) he will absolutely kick my ass by 20ish minutes anyway.  Mostly I just wanted to say 'skirt'.

Hey- I came on this site to find out if anyone knows if I can go directly from the airport to the expo on Saturday?  I then saw this above quote  about Keith Straw and recognized the name.  My husband just ran the Amish Marathon two weeks ago in Lebanon, PA (forgot the real name, I'm sure it's not really called the Amish marathon, but there's an Amish guy running on the race tee) and he met Keith Straw in the recovery hot tubs at the end of the race (no comment).  Anyway, I recognized the name.  My husband thought he was the nicest guy.  They were talking about ultras since my husband is doing his first 50k the weekend after Boston.  Anyway, I didn't realize he's running.  I'm in Wave 2 so I won't see him, just ran a time that I think would quality for Wave 1 last month.  I'm not sure what my plan is yet.  Have fun or try to improve?  No stress either way.  I'm more worried about leaving my kids with my husband solo for the first time ever.  The marathon is the easy part.  

Anyway, if any of you that have done this before know if there is going to be an issue with security bringing my bag (I'm planning on packing light) to the expo that would be great?  I am meeting my friend there but her flight doesn't get in until a little later and we can't check into the hotel until after 3pm.  My flight gets in around 10am.  So I thought I'd take advantage of the expo.  

Thanks- Melissa