Updated text editor (Read 203 times)

More icons on my iPhone now...not quite as many as on the PC or iPad, but better!

Dave

eric :)

I can see them now from my iPhone, woot.

Still having problems with IE but hey, it's IE, a PC, and a horrible computer!

Which version of IE are you on?

No problems with IE9.

Dave

More icons on my iPhone now...not quite as many as on the PC or iPad, but better!

The smart phones have fewer options to save space.  The less frequently used options are not displayed.

Docket_Rocket

Which version of IE are you on?

7?  I know it's an older one, but apparently the office does not believe in updating.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Julia1971

Collagen lips, googley eyes, ninja.

You're welcome.

I didn't think "ninja" was an emotion (but it should be!), so I added them and then looked at the source code.  You were close but they're kisses, crazy, and squint.  Thanks for playing, though.

7?  I know it's an older one, but apparently the office does not believe in updating.

IE7???  You guys are 4 versions behind.  I have officially stopped support for it a couple of years ago and unofficially stopped testing on IE8.  Do you have enough administrative access to install Chrome?

I'm actually stuck on IE7 with no ability to run anything else on my work network as well. I'm hopeful that we'll upgrade to IE8 in the next couple years.

Docket_Rocket

I'm actually stuck on IE7 with no ability to run anything else on my work network as well. I'm hopeful that we'll upgrade to IE8 in the next couple years.

I assume your employer is the same as mine and that looks like it won't happen soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

IE7???  You guys are 4 versions behind.  I have officially stopped support for it a couple of years ago and unofficially stopped testing on IE8.  Do you have enough administrative access to install Chrome?

They won't let anyone update anything and they won't do anything but IE.

I use Chrome at home and my Macs work fine with your website.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Eric -

I found on iPhone/iPad, I can no longer quote two separate posts within the editor. I used to be able to quote, copy the quote box, go back, new quote, then paste in the first quote into the editor to show both quote boxes. Now when I paste, it just shows as text rather than a quote box. Still works OK on PC/IE.

Dave

DaveP MI,

I was able to reproduce the problem on my Android phone.  I think the problem is specific to touch based devices.  I did a quick search and this bug was claimed to be fixed by the company several minor updates ago.  I'll have to do more research to get this sorted out, and perhaps reopen the bug.

eric Smile

Mostly harmless

DaveP MI,

I was able to reproduce the problem on my Android phone.  I think the problem is specific to touch based devices.  I did a quick search and this bug was claimed to be fixed by the company several minor updates ago.  I'll have to do more research to get this sorted out, and perhaps reopen the bug.

eric Smile

Eric -

I found on iPhone/iPad, I can no longer quote two separate posts within the editor. I used to be able to quote, copy the quote box, go back, new quote, then paste in the first quote into the editor to show both quote boxes. Now when I paste, it just shows as text rather than a quote box. Still works OK on PC/IE.

I found a workaround.

• Click quote to bring up the first one
                            • Click the show source code and copy everything inside the block quote tag.  
                            • Close that post,
                            • quote the next one you want, open the source code and paste it in there.
                            • It was more work to write it out than to do it.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Thanks ImNotScott. I thought of this work around but didn't mention it because of the extra steps that might confuse some users. It would be nicer if the bug is fixed.