Max Heart Rate...error? (Read 866 times)

Based on a few calculations my Max HR should be no more then 190. On an interval run this week my Heart Rate hit 201 two times on my Garmin 305. Does this mean my Max is closer to 201 or the Garmin registered a 201 in error?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Show us the HR graph from your GPS.
      C-R

Based on a few calculations my Max HR should be no more then 190. On an interval run this week my Heart Rate hit 201 two times on my Garmin 305. Does this mean my Max is closer to 201 or the Garmin registered a 201 in error?
        No clue on the HRM but mine has run high for short durations sometimes due to interference by invisible fences or security systems. Also, forget the calculated values like 220-age. Visit this http://www.runningahead.com/groups/LOWHRTR/Forum/a309acc6bdba4ceeb05b310866086309 for a good description of how to determine your Max HR. Pfitzinger, Hadd, Maffetone and Daniels also have ways of determining max HR through actual performance and they all discount the calculated versions.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent, I think it is just an error. Take a look: /Users/michaelvitale/Desktop/get.mb.jpeg
            I can't get the damn thing to copy and paste. uggg
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I can't see your desktop. You need to upload it to something like www.photobucket.com and then post it here. Instructions here: http://runningahead.com/forums/post/ce7684c9b7b04baabbd488c2f0257ea4#focus

The Greatest of All Time

I bet the Garmin is correct. The calculations are often wrong.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  You just gave 105% effort. Nice work.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Heart rate calculations are ballpark formulas for the general population and nothing more. I see nothing alarming about a 201. The formula says 183 for me, but I know I'm at least 196 and probably more.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The formula says 183 for me, but I know I'm at least 196 and probably more.
                      Wearing it with Scout's mom can be dangerous. You've been warned.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Let's try this: Photobucket ahhhhh, nice. That 201, must be a misreading.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Looks like an error.