1,000,000 miles (Read 1450 times)

Gig

On another board, I claimed that next year I plan to run 1,000,000 miles. Something tells me I might fall short, but would it be hard/worthwhile/interesting-to-anybody-but-me to calculate the total miles logged by the RA community for 2007? It's gotta be close to a million.
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I like this idea ... it could be a 'totaliser' on the home page that clocks up the total RA miles year-to-date. Big grin But - we (RA members) may need to fund a new super-computer for Eric. Confused Happy Holidays. Neil

Running ... just keep running!

Respect - WMO

how do you plan on doing that without hitting 1000 for this year?
        "Why Run?. . . Why Breathe?

Lazy idiot

Dude, I'm pretty sure that was a joke. Seeing as how it would be pretty much impossible for a person to even drive (on their own, no help) 1,000,000 miles in a year.

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

I think you misunderstand, friend. She's talking about accumulated miles for the whole community.
              I like that idea! I think that seeing a grand total for all of RA would be interesting. Smile

Michelle

eric :)

We're up to 1,955,176 miles (3,145,878 km) for the year. We'll definitely break the 2 million mark by year's end, unless everyone decides to fatten up for the holidays.
                  We're up to 1,955,176 miles (3,145,878 km) for the year. We'll definitely break the 2 million mark by year's end, unless everyone decides to fatten up for the holidays.
                  Awesome! Thanks, Eric.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wow, that's a lot! We rule. -- antihero who plans to contribute 400 miles to the total this year

sean

Very cool. Thank you Eric, you are the best! Big grin

Michelle

Doug Little

Man, I felt good to do 3+ yesterday! One foot a time though. I couldn't spell RUN 5 years ago, was 325 lbs and every 'number' was wrong when I went to the Dr. Today: 175, no meds, all numbers in line and I do about 20-25 miles a week. Life is good! Happy Holidays from the Smoky Mountains! Where's the snow? Doug
                          Doug - that's amazing. Great job. I think the 2,000,000 mile mark for the RA community is a great goal. Thanks for the stats Eric!
                          seeEricaRun

Awesome

...unless everyone decides to fatten up for the holidays.
                            Working on it!

Respect - WMO

Blush Woops, I think I mis read the figure. . . my bad. . . it would be sweet if someone did. . .maybe 2736 miles a day, that would get you there. . not possible. . .haha if its a community thing, lets get 3 million then!
                              "Why Run?. . . Why Breathe?
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You underestimate the power of beer, egg nog, and doughnuts...at least their power over me. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay