Dont want to share. (Read 959 times)

Just start doing crazy adventure racing. Then you'll be known as the "crazy adventure 100+km runner guy."
    It's sad to say there is some truth in that statement. It's not adventure racing but instead it's multiple marathons within one year. My plan is for two, possibly three marathons and 2 half-marathons. Now I know my training is no where near that level but my competive nature won't allow me to be run-of-the-mill. Save me from myself.
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

It's sad to say there is some truth in that statement. It's not adventure racing but instead it's multiple marathons within one year. My plan is for two, possibly three marathons and 2 half-marathons. Now I know my training is no where near that level but my competive nature won't allow me to be run-of-the-mill. Save me from myself.
      If you want to focus on the marathong - great! If you want to set yourself apart from the pack, a 38 minute 10k will do much more to accomplish that than a 4:15 marathon. Basically just saying there's more to running than 26.2 And no, nobody is going to save you from yourself. You're here to be victimized just like the rest of us.

Lazy idiot

And no, nobody is going to save you from yourself. You're here to be victimized just like the rest of us.
        Freakin' hilarious. And true. Crap...

Tick tock

I haven't really given too much in the way of advice. Yesterday, a co-worker dropped by to share the "Running Room's Book on Running" with me and tell me that he'd signed up for a May half marathon in Alberta, his first race. Smile This guy is hoping is hoping for a 1:40 time! Outside of work, I was a little down earlier this week, I put out a feeler with someone who I'd like to see run a race... They have never run a race. I just think my feeler my have been taken the wrong way. Black eye Sad Tight lipped ****! Cool I guess I'll let things settle.

Vim

I would love to have the opportunity to work wtih another serious runner. I did work with a doctor who ran quite a bit and we had good conversation but then he transfered to another hospital in the same company. I work with a lot of active people who like to hike and some have ran half marathons. There is one lady I work with who is training for an Ironman that she wants to do in two years but I haven't seen her on our unit in about a month. I'd be flattered if someone took up running because of me.
            Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
            kcam

I love it when others at work decide to start running because I'd love to have the company. Some even come out at lunch and run the trails with me. I've been doing lunchtime runs every day for the past 12 years where I work and to this day there has not been a single person that started and has stuck with it for more than 2 years . And the 2 year guy was the only one that lasted near that long - most last about a month and they almost always start running in January! On the bright side, the 2 year guy just started back running and is training for a marathon using the Marathon for Mortals book.
                If you want to focus on the marathong - great!
                The best part of racing, when a young lady in front of me is wearing a marathong I'm very focused. Clowning around

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

For a long time I was known as the guy who shat himself, so sometimes no title at all is better than having one.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.