Missed my goal by 85 miles (Read 519 times)

Well, I really wanted to run 1000 miles this year, but missed it by 85 miles due to a calf injury in October. Cry 2008 will be a new year...so I will set the goal again. Happy new year to all and cheers to an injury free, healthy, happy year. Smile
    VictorN

Well, the year isn't over yet...get out there and run those 85 miles! Victor
      dfffff

There's still some daylight left. What's holding you back?
        MisterPaul

Better get moving! You've got 10:40 til next year. That's 8 minutes per mile if you started right now.
            I had a stress fracture. I missed by 6.9 miles! Tempted as I am to just go out and run an hour or so of junk miles to get there, I think I'll start fresh tomorrow. -J
            I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
              I had a stress fracture. I missed by 6.9 miles! Tempted as I am to just go out and run an hour or so of junk miles to get there, I think I'll start fresh tomorrow. -J
              6.9! Ugh...I feel your pain (literally, LOL).

Slow-smooth-fast

I missed 1500 by 2.7 miles. Gutted. Not going out again, already done over 21 miles today, so will definitely nail it next year. Besides, I couldnt run now, Ive had quite a few beers. Happy new year to you all. Big grin

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

I missed 1500 by 2.7 miles. Gutted. Not going out again, already done over 21 miles today, so will definitely nail it next year. Besides, I couldnt run now, Ive had quite a few beers. Happy new year to you all. Big grin
                  You're kidding right? Get your a/s/s out there, beer in hand if you must and run those last 2.7!!!!! Don't WIMP out! That's right, I'm calling you out...LOL.

Member Since 2008

Eddy, I'd crawl the last couple of miles..