heart rate (Read 968 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Resting heart rate down to 51bmp. 6 weeks ago  it was 60 bmp.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Great!   Good for you.   When do you take it?   I am about the same, and take it first thing in the AM - before I get out of bed.  Woods Lady

We are starting some training using a HR monitor.  I was told to take resting HR before I got out of bed for 5 straight days.  The funny thing is on a few of those days I woke up to the alarm with that frenzied reaction.  I think my heart rate shot up from the damn alarm. 

I had these numbers.  55-46-48-56-50.  I entered 49 on the form. 

Dave

You may also want to measure your recovery heart rate, basically a measure of how quickly your HR drops after exercise. 

http://www.webmd.com/news/20000919/researchers-find-heart-rate-worth-thousand-words

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Half Fanatic #846

Resting heart rate down to 51bmp. 6 weeks ago  it was 60 bmp.

Not suprising - looks like you had a significant mileage increase since the first of the year.  Good job!!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

I take my resting heart rate every morning before I get out of bed; when it is elevated I use it as a cue to take a rest day (I get a lot of exercise besides running).  Hangovers another cue. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Mine is usually in the 40s when I wake up, and 55-60 while at the computer ... oddly though, today and yesterday I woke up with my resting hr at ~100.
                  Hmmm...what were you dreaming about? 
                  2009 Goals:
                  PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                  Run a 10K
                  Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                  Complete my first Sprint Tri