First !0k (Read 905 times)

whitepele

Going to run my first 10k on 15th June. I'm determined to run the whole way. Any programmes and tips gratefully received. Cheers
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

First off - good luck. 10k remains my favorite distance to race. It will help us give some specific feedback if you make your log public and give some background info in yourself. How long have you been training? Male? Female? Are you overweight? Stuff like that
        Don't start off too fast. Pace yourself. Save something for a strong finish. I personally LOVE the 10k. My very first 10k, there was an older dude next to me.. Each hill, he would stop, and walk it.. I would keep running, and pass him... then ,he'd start running again, and pass me. This went on, and on. And to my pain, that bastard beat me at the finish line. Because I was too pooped to party at that point. Enjoy and good luck !

- Anya

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Don't start off too fast. Pace yourself. Save something for a strong finish. I personally LOVE the 10k. My very first 10k, there was an older dude next to me.. Each hill, he would stop, and walk it.. I would keep running, and pass him... then ,he'd start running again, and pass me. This went on, and on. And to my pain, that bastard beat me at the finish line. Because I was too pooped to party at that point. Enjoy and good luck !
          When a young woman did that to me, I made sure she was within hearing range and then yelled to my running partner, "Martha, I ran the ENTIRE THING!" Hope I made her feel at least a little bad. Evil grin
            When a young woman did that to me, I made sure she was within hearing range and then yelled to my running partner, "Martha, I ran the ENTIRE THING!" Hope I made her feel at least a little bad. Evil grin
            That's hilarious! Wish I thought of it!

- Anya