19 wks pregnant and 400 miles! - UPDATE- 875 miles during pregnancy (Read 2935 times)

Slice

I hit 19 weeks pregnant today and have run 400 miles (well, 399.2) since getting pregnant and I've biked another 150. Heck yeah!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

xhristopher

Cool. I believe if you were already exercising it's no big deal to keep on going but do share some of the crazy comments people offer as they see you doing your thing.

Averaging three miles a day or there abouts1  Awesome deal.  Be safe and listen to yours and your baby's bodies and please post some of the crazy comments you will surely be getting from the peanut gallery called society.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

Hey this is awesome!  And I must say, you are glowing!!!  

mta- I think you should change your goal weight.  You'll need to add 7.5 lbs plus!  

Congrats! My wife ran while pregnant up until a week from delivery with both of our kids. She says it definitely helped her recover faster.

I hit 19 weeks pregnant today and have run 400 miles (well, 399.2) since getting pregnant and I've biked another 150. Heck yeah!

Congrats! My wife ran while pregnant up until a week from delivery with both of our kids. She says it definitely helped her recover faster.

I've heard this from several people too.  Getting that exercise in is good for your baby too.  Congrats on the pregnancy and keep up the good work kunland.

MrH

+2.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Slice

Thanks for letting me brag on myself! I did 13.1 today just to prove I could. And promptly decided to cap my long run at 10 miles from now on - that's about where I stopped enjoying it. I haven't started getting crazy comments yet, I just look like one of the controversial fat runners. I am making some iron-on shirt transfers that say things like "Yes, I asked my Dr!" just to watch people's faces.

And Wannabe, your comment made me literally LOL!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats.

A club member's daughter did a 7k(2007) race pregnant (about 5 months) and pushing a stroller. My goal was to reach the finish line before her.Boston marathon 2011 time 3:11: x x.Hopefully I will not run any races with you. Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Shoe

Thanks for letting me brag on myself! I did 13.1 today just to prove I could. And promptly decided to cap my long run at 10 miles from now on - that's about where I stopped enjoying it. I haven't started getting crazy comments yet, I just look like one of the controversial fat runners. I am making some iron-on shirt transfers that say things like "Yes, I asked my Dr!" just to watch people's faces.

I ran my whole pregnancy and got very few comments.  The most of it was a couple people suggested I would somehow shake the baby out early.  My last run was 6 miles the day before I delivered.  Two weeks late. And Induced.   I think most people are beginning to learn that staying active during pregnancy at least as long as it's the same or less as before you were pregnant is very healthy, not dangerous, in a normal pregnancy.  And those who haven't thoroughly researched the issue are too afraid to question a pregnant woman.  As they should be, if me at the time was any indication.

ETA - I meant to say, "CONGRATULATIONS!" 

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

He! He! I miss the twin sister shot though! I can't wait to see you in your running clothes with a baby bump! That will be cool! (There I go again, too many !!!!!s) HShoe- WOW!!! Amazing! Right there is your everyday hero! I thought I was active because I worked as a pediatric PT past my due date and walked 3-4x/wk during my pregnancies. That was nothing!
                        Hannibal Granite

A couple of years ago me and a buddy had just finished a morning run and we were standing around stretching/talking beside the running path and a very pregnant woman ran past us going at a pretty good pace (I don't know how far along she was, but she looked like she had a watermelon under her T-Shirt).  We couldn't help but stare as she went past us and off down the path.  Apparently, she could tell we were staring and became a little self conscious b/c when she was about 30-40 yards past us she turned her head and yelled "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!"  to which we replied "we know that's awesome" .  I have no idea who the woman was, but I'll bet she had a healthy baby!  

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Am I doing this right?

I just look like one of the controversial fat runners.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but who are the "controversial fat runners"?

No excuses....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Intentionally Blank

Congratulations!  Labor will be much easier if you are physically fit, and recovery will be faster.

Is this your first baby?