Unique Race Ideas (Read 205 times)

NHLA

That sounds like fun.

It is fun to listen for the screams when someone gets 21.

I ran in a race where they separated the men and women. The women had a draw and the winner had to beat the fastest man for a set of michelon tires. 8k and women get 10 min head start.

Fanilow

It is fun to listen for the screams when someone gets 21.

I ran in a race where they separated the men and women. The women had a draw and the winner had to beat the fastest man for a set of michelon tires. 8k and women get 10 min head start.

That's the best...winning something you can actually use.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

Feeling the growl again

On the track, pull the last place runner each lap.  Continue until there is only one person left.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

CT JEFF

On the track, pull the last place runner each lap.  Continue until there is only one person left.

And I thought Ricky Bobby was an idiot when he said, "if you're not first, you're last". who knew?

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

#artbydmcbride

I've always wanted to put on a Micro-Marathon: 2.62 miles....with aid stations, medals, t-shirts,... the works!  

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I've always wanted to put on a Micro-Marathon: 2.62 miles....with aid stations, medals, t-shirts,... the works!  

With a big azz medal the size of your head....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eh. Competitor does this. Just another way for them to make money. It's like a damned Simpsons episode.

"Feel all of the excitement of 26.2 miles in just 2.6 miles. Live bands and cheer teams on the course, and a rockin’ Finish Line Festival"

Participant Perks

• Official Mini Marathon Finisher’s Medal and certificate
                • Brooks Technical Tee
                • Swag Bag
                • ChronoTrack timing tag
                • Mini-Marathon race number
                • One FREE Michelob Ultra at the Finish Line Festival at City Park
                • Live bands and cheer teams along the course
                • Ticket to Post Race Concert featuring Rodney Atkins and Gloriana;

then go Nano Marathon and make it 0.262 miles with a doughnut stop half-way.

I got a kick out of the predict your time race we had in our small town last fall to benefit a food pantry.  Submit predicted finish time when you register, no timing devices allowed during the race, finish line clock turned away so you can't see it as you're finishing.  Prizes of home made baked goods were all based on closest to predicted time rather than place.

SillyC

Random drawing among the youth entrants to win a ride to school on a firetruck ...

OMG - the ride in the firetruck sounds incredible.  Could you do that? I would be there.  I would so be there and my kids would enter the 5k.

The Nihilist Dash - when the gun goes, everyone thinks, "fuck it. what's the point?" and proceed to wander off aimlessly.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Just a dude.

I saw one like this called "Devil takes the hind man." There was a guy dressed in a devil costume that would tag the runner in last place to have them exit the track...

I think it would work good with 15 or 20 people, but with 100+ that would be chaos... Maybe in a good way. Not sure how you'd handle lapped runners...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Just a dude.

On Pi Day (March 14th) there is a run here where they put a course out that is 3.14 miles and the goal is to get as close to 31:40 as possible.

In college we had the watermelon run, which was a guess your time for 2 miles and the closest won. The prizes were mostly watermelons...

Relay races are kinda cool. Our high school cross country team did the Dirty Dusty Damn Hot Relay, a 15k run with 3 runners each running a 5k lap in August. We also did the Race around Tahoe as a team, which was 72 miles at 6300+ elevation.

I find around here the more popular races are the ones that have been around for a while. It usually takes a few years to build momentum.

Good Luck...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

On Pi Day (March 14th) there is a run here where they put a course out that is 3.14 miles and the goal is to get as close to 31:40 as possible.

Prizes are pies, of course.