Small Batch Custom Printed Technical Shirts (Read 9090 times)

Kenotic Runner

For a family reunion "challenge run" between myself and a couple of my cousins, I need to make some custom printed T-shirts. I really don't want to do cotton. Does anyone know where I can get a small batch of some sort of custom printed technical shirts? Thanks!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've thought about making something using RunningBanana.com k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

you might want to see if a screen printing place will do it. i made some family reunion t-shirts and supplied a design and cheap shirts from joann's or michaels. the job was @ $5 a shirt, or something similarly reasonable. they were cotton, but you could probably find cheap plain hi-tech shirts somewhere. i've found cheap champion tech shirts at marshall's for @ $10.
          you might want to see if a screen printing place will do it. i made some family reunion t-shirts and supplied a design and cheap shirts from joann's or michaels. the job was @ $5 a shirt, or something similarly reasonable. they were cotton, but you could probably find cheap plain hi-tech shirts somewhere. i've found cheap champion tech shirts at marshall's for @ $10.
          Target has C9 shirts on sale on a fairly regular basis, but even at full price they are pretty affordable. Walmart has Athletech shirts that are pretty good for the price. If you do go the silkscreen route, keep the graphics small. I have a tech shirt from an HM (that shall remain nameless, cuz they is good peeps...) that is horrible. The logo silkscreened on the front is the size of a large dinner plate, and completely defeats the breathable/wicking aspect of the tech material. It's like running with your chest encased in Saran wrap, it's just a big sweaty mess. This verbiage is pulled straight from the runningbanana site, so I can't vouch for it's accuracy but it's something to keep in mind:
          Running Banana's technical running shirts are composed of a light, micro polyester fabric designed to keep you dry and control your temperature. Whether it's a quick run or a marathon, our shirts will keep you comfortable. Rather than being silk screened on, our graphics are dyed into our shirts, so the shirt retains all of its wicking ability. You also won't have to worry about peeling graphics or fading colors.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

For a family reunion "challenge run" between myself and a couple of my cousins, I need to make some custom printed T-shirts. I really don't want to do cotton. Does anyone know where I can get a small batch of some sort of custom printed technical shirts? Thanks!
            I have a friend who made my soccer team's shirts. Of course we're a long way from you in PA. Red, wicking shirts - very comfy.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I can put you in touch with the folks who did the Monkey Marathon and RunningAHEAD shirts. They have done orders as small as 10 shirts for me in the past. Let me know.
                Trent, I would love to know who did The Monkey and RA. I've been pricing bulk shirts for some time now. If you don't to put it out here, you can email me at callielambeth@att.net. Thanks!
                "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Email sent if you want to remove your email address.
                  Kenotic Runner

I'm liking this idea. Everything online is more expensive. Also I was assuming the small graphic route. I hate those big Saran-wrap logos. Well said. That's exactly what it's like. Having run three years, now when I evaluate clothing to buy, I'm thinking... How well will it wick? How well will it insulate? How well will it protect from wind? What temperature range could I run in this? What about windspeed? How many times will I be able to wash this? Then, maybe, I look at how it looks.
                      Our running club used a company out of Raleigh (Bay Six) to print custom running shirts. We have done orders as small as around 25 or so at a time. As far as I know, everyone in our group has been satisfied with the product and I believe in total we have ordered well over 100 shirts (we have purchased long sleeved, short sleeved, and sleeveless). If I remember correctly, we paid between $15 - $20 a shirt, depending on the type. We also had them print up some drawstring sack packs as well. Here is a link to their website as well as an email address to make the initial contact for custom dry fit type shirts. http://www.baysixusa.com service@baysixusa.com