under-pronation/supination shoes (Read 67 times)

datamonkee

i am a beginner runner (3 miles, once or twice a week), male, average build, 165 lbs. and am looking for appropriate shoes for an under-pronator/supinator.

Is it correct that I need to be looking for a cushion/flexible shoe? Will a neutral shoe type be ok?

Can you please recommend any good shoes?

Thanks.

stshipley7

Yes a neutral type shoe.

I personally like the Adidas Supernova Glide Boost, but a recommend getting fitted in store to try the different models.

-STS

datamonkee

awesome. thanks. I will check out the boost.

Try Brooks Adrenalines.  I'm on my 49th pair over 13 years.  I'm a supinator with bad knees and these work the best for me. If you can, get to a good running store where you can get fitted and they watch you run in them before you purchase.

datamonkee

thanks, nonibug. i will try out the brooks at a store!

Brooks Adrenalines are not a neutral shoe for pronators, but if they work, then they work.  Personally I would suggest neutral shoes like the Brooks Ghost,  Asics Gel Cumulus,  Saucony Ride, Mizunu Wave Riders.  Stability shoes with less support or lighter medial posts in the arch such as Brooks Ravenna, or Asics GT 1000 may work as well.   Obviously there are several other choices for neutral or less supportive stabilty shoes out there in the marketplace.