first tri (Read 1948 times)

old Paratrooper

OK, it was a super sprint but was more about learning to run a tri than anything else.  I had a great time and finished 250 yd swim, 7 mile bike and 2 mile run in 48:22

http://www.fsseries.com/index.php?action=event&event_id=164

congrats!

Congrats Skypilot! So do you have any more tris on the schedule?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So are you totally hooked?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'd like to try a tri, with about those distances for the bike & swim, but with longer run.  Minimize my weaknesses, you know.   Of course, no such beast exists.

old Paratrooper

yes,  I am totally hooked, I'm doing a regular sprint at White Lake, NC on May 8th then other sprints for the summer planning to move  to olympic distance in the fall with the intent of a half at White Lake in next May

Thanks for the encouragement!

congrats!

325th place or bust!

Congratulations!  Those short ones are a fun way to try one out and get your feet wet, so to speak.  Smile

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

old Paratrooper

Did a full sprint today rather than the Super Sprint I did as my first one, felt like it went really well, I learned that my SCUBA wetsuit isn't designed for open water swim competition, it  functioned much like a parachute! but I had fun!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

As long as you remember to take off your bike helmet before the run, it is a success. Bonus points for not leaving your swim goggles hanging around your neck during the cycle Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As long as you remember to take off your bike helmet before the run, it is a success.

Shy If no one photographed it, it never happened...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

old Paratrooper

just looked at the results, I was in the Master Clydesdale category and took 10th of 19.  If I had run Master Novice I would have taken 3rd in class, wouldacouldashoulda I guess my 1:36:35 for a first sprint length wasn't too bad....

xor

No way man!  That's great.  good job.

Slice

GREAT job! That's awesome! I hear the open water swim is really tough to adjust to. Keep up the good work!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

old Paratrooper

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm looking forward to myk next race on Memorial Day weekend!