Does your nose clog up when running outside? (Read 1520 times)

Mine runs too. I've got to take Kleenex with me every time I run. Worse if I'm running into wind. Worse in the winter.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

My nose runs faster than I do. Big grin Confused
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My nose runs faster than I do.
        That needs to be a signature quote! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

seeEricaRun

Awesome

No Mine starts running really badly. I usually end up with snot rockets all the way down the area of which I am running Cool = Snot Rockets
          Mine runs constantly. I leave a slime trail. I've tried bringing kleenex, but it's too complicated, and they tend to get wet.
          evtish

The things we have to put up with just to get some exercise! Thanks for the responses, I guess this means we're all either normal or abnormal. Wink Do any of the gals have Scouts' gagging problem? Evil grin What's the solution? Does the nasal spray work? What about the nose strip the football players use? Other good drugs? Tom I admit that I did bring Kleenex on my runs during the winter.

Top 'O the World!

....especially while running in the city....so, I'd think it's the body's "normal" response to clearing toxins! Yes = one more reason!!!
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                I'm like the majority here, my nose runs constantly. I try to remember to carry kleenix as well, sometimes they hold up and sometimes I have to rely on my shirt and or wrist band. The snot rocket thing just doesn't work for me.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Double IPA Please!

Just got back from my run and as I said..my nose ran like a faucet Big grin

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

I'm very snotty as well. I use cut up cloth diapers for my snot rags. They're the ones that are totally flat that make great dust rags, not the thick prefolds. I cut them in like 6x10 squares. They tuck nicely into the waist band of whatever I'm wearing. Very absorbent and they don't fall apart. I've never been able to do the snot rocket thing. It gets all over my face. I guess I don't blow hard enough Roll eyes
                      Besides being totally gross, I don't want to accidentally hit BadDawg during the next race.
                      You're a thoughtful guy, it's very much appreciated. Only really affects me during the winter, but that's why I wear gloves and long sleeves. Clowning around It was at mile three of Providence that I heard the first snot rocket of the day, and smiled and thought to myself it's an official marathon now.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Imminent Catastrophe

The back of my shirt: ©PefesserR 2008

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

It usually runs down the back of my throat and makes me gag.
                          It's like shooting fish in a barrel. I don't even have to make the joke.
                          I don't get it. Could someone explain it to me? Thank you. Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I let it collect, and drip, then spit. I can spit like a pro.

- Anya

Lazy idiot

I let it collect, and drip, then spit. I can spit like a pro.
                              that is both disgusting and awesome. Wow.

Tick tock