Garmin Forerunner 305 won't turn on, won't charge (Read 13632 times)

Beginner all over again

My Garmin Forerunner 305

woudn't turn on

wouldn't charge

I found this on the Garmin support website and it fixed it for me.

Just thought I'd post it.

Mine was plugged in to charge, not to computer, and it still worked.

<>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:  My Edge or Forerunner 205/305 won't power on. Is there a soft reset that I can do?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

If a Forerunner or Edge 205/305 is unable to power on, a soft reset can be performed to un-freeze it. This will not erase any user data and is most effective if the device is connected to the computer while performing the reset.

To reset the Forerunner or Edge 205/305:

1. Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable
    2. Press and hold the mode and reset (lap) buttons together for 10 seconds
    3. Release and wait for 3 seconds
    4. There should be some indication of battery charging (either Finished or In Process)
    5. Power the device on while keeping it connected to the computer

In addition, please make sure that the device has the latest software version

jrs515

After trying the soft reboot several times, this suggestion finally worked. Problem may have been low battery. Very helpful, thank you!!
      swtniki82

This worked for me! Thanks! 

Had the thing since 2006.. kind of hoping my husband gets me a new one for my birthday in a few weeks though lol.

Old, Slow, Happy

Oh Man!!  I hope this works.  I can't wait to get home to try it.

My Garmin 205 had that problme too quite a few months ago and the soft reset did work and its been fince since - that was probably 9 months go...

Champions are made when no one is watching

webchix

Worked for me too. Thanks so much - I thought the watch was a goner!

phila

Outstanding.  I encountered this same problem.  After trying and failing with man other would-be fixes, this solution worked to a T.  Thanks a ton.

Slice

Great timing. Mine had this problem this morning. Works fine now!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Maggie & Molly

just have to say how much I love RA.  my garmin wigged on me this morning.  Went to the garmin site - NO HELP - came here and found my answer.  Garmin is now all better.  Big grin

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

A BIG thank you for this post. I was starting to panic. Two races this afternoon and my garmin ... blank.

Thanks !!

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

frankiesaysrelax

This post has just saved my life. I'm so grateful! Thank you!!!!!

the only time this ever happened to me was at the start of Grandma's Marathon in Duluth MN.  I freaked out!  Thankfully, someone knew how to fix it.  We should all share this so we can help someone else who is in a state of panic at the start!

cliffinkent

This has just saved me! Am leaving for Paris in the morning for the Marathon on Sunday, and went to charge my watch.... dead!

Now it's back up and running, and I can now get some sleep :-)

Dutchman22

Mine froze when it popped off the cradle while connected to the USB port on the computer. I am glad that I found the instructions to reset my Forerunner 305, I thought I had broken it. Thanks so much!!

HappyFeat

just have to say how much I love RA.  my garmin wigged on me this morning. came here and found my answer.  Garmin is now all better.  Big grin

ditto - Thanks so much for the tip! Worked!!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.