I think I found my brain!! (Read 658 times)

Ok, so those of you who frequent the boards know that I have some intelligence issues. Not in the book smart sense, as I excel there. And not in the common sense in life arena, as I hold my own here too. But, when I take off with a pair of running shoes on my feet, my brain seems to leak right out the nice mesh vents of said shoes!! (Case in point, see thread "Dangerous Games"). BUT, in an effort to redeem myself, I FINALLY called my wonder-doctor yesterday & am waiting for the call back with an appointment date/time. The groin thing is no better, my low back is killing me...again! And all of this is changing my gait enough that my knees are hurting & my calves & shins too. I ran yesterday. It was to be a 6 mile run, reduced to 3.5mi because every inch of my body was screaming obscenities at me!! So, for the first time in a long time (ok, Janell & Kirsten, so the first time ever...) I actually listened to my body, hobbled my way back to the truck & went home, feeling sore & defeated! Kirsten (zoom-zoom) & I are supposed to do a 10.5mi run tomorrow morning. I'm trying to decide whether a very short run today (3mi or so) is a good idea to let me know if I'm up for the 10mi. Or maybe today off & long run tomorrow. Or maybe Today off & a short run or no run tomorrow? We have a 10mi race next Sat & I really don't want to screw something up before them. I'm fit enough to run 10mi next Sat, even without another long run before then, but... What to do, what to do... I've already pd the entry for the 10mi run & I REALLY, REALLY want to run it!!! Benched & grumpy, Eryn Cry
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At the very least take today off--I am! And you know I won't run you hard tomorrow...I was thinking if we do 10 miles at a 12 minute pace that that would be perfect--2 hours on the nose. And if we need to shorten that we always can. I don't want you injured for that run, either. That will be an awfully lonely 10 miles without my training partner at my side! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Eryn - I'm betting that you're fit enough to run in that 10 mile race right now and don't need that extra week of training as much as you need a week of rest. Sometimes rest is the best "training" we can give ourselves. Take it easy (translation: DON'T run that 10 miler... or an 8... or a 6... etc), see that doc, and see about getting better. Really. I think you should plan on skipping the 10 mile training run, and kind of "coast" into that 10 mile race next weekend. You're faster than Zoomy anyway, so it's not like you need every little bit of speed to keep up with her... I know she wants you to run that training run with her, but if you're injured, that's just stupid. (See how much I love you, talking to you like this?) Keep your running shoes OFF your feet in order to keep your brain cells intact. You need healing, not training. Of course, it's your body, not mine. But if your goal is to be able to run in the race, I think that's what you need to do. Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're faster than Zoomy anyway, so it's not like you need every little bit of speed to keep up with her... I know she wants you to run that training run with her, but if you're injured, that's just stupid. (See how much I love you, talking to you like this?) Keep your running shoes OFF your feet in order to keep your brain cells intact. You need healing, not training. Of course, it's your body, not mine. But if your goal is to be able to run in the race, I think that's what you need to do. Janell
          Yep. And while I'd love to have you come out here and run with me tomorrow, I'd love to have you healthy for the actual race that you've paid to register for, more. Besides, we still have a HM to train for and if you injure yourself now, then you might put yourself out for TWO $$ races. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

With a week to go, it wouldn't make much difference if you don't run the 10 miler this weekend. You should never train if your body doesn't feel up to it. Otherwise, you'll hurt yourself even more. So up until the race, just run short distances to stay loose if you have to run. Give your body a chance to heal and you might actually feel better on race day.
              Ok, in an unexpected turn of events in the life of Eryn, I'm going to actually listen to advice & do what I should do. Blondie, I REALLY want to come out & run, but I want to run the race with you even more! Let's bag the 10mi training run tomorrow. I'll take a couple days off, try a couple 3-4mi days & see how I feel. I'm running that damn race next weekend!!!!! And I'm running that damn HM!!!! I'd also like to run the Komen, even if it is a miserable, life sucking 5K, but I'm more concerned with the other two. If I run the Komen, I want to do it in honor of Gloria (I've told you about my friend w/ breast ca). Anyways, I'll call you in the a.m., but let's plan on cx'ing my running w/ you tomorrow. Sad Wow, guys, I'm like a new person already...doing the right things & all... Shocked
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, in an unexpected turn of events in the life of Eryn, I'm going to actually listen to advice & do what I should do. Blondie, I REALLY want to come out & run, but I want to run the race with you even more!
                Phew, I was really worried that you would come out here, we'd get 3-4 miles into the run, and then you'd really injure yourself and I'd feel bad. Thank <insert> you came to your senses! Smile k</insert>

~ Sarah Kay

Phew, I was really worried that you would come out here, we'd get 3-4 miles into the run, and then you'd really injure yourself and I'd feel bad. Thank
                  See, miracles do really happen!!! There really is a <insert>!! </insert>
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bwahahahaha...you know my hubby might still disagree with you on that one, LOL! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay