The Spirit of the Marathon (Read 566 times)

This movie/documentary comes out Jan. 24 in select theatres. Anyone else planning on attending? I just watched the trailer on You Tube and it definitely made me want to see it. Supposedly you're supposed to buy advanced tickets, so Fandango sells them. So...for those that have seen the trailer, what do you think?

this is why I run....

are you able to send a link to the trailer?
          Great line from the trailer. "People talk about the Runner's high. The only runner's high I've ever felt is when I've stopped running." -- Gerald Meyers - Four-Time Marathoner I do plan to see this film.... but not showing in Canada on the 24th......

this is why I run....

thanks Ryan. WOW...that looks amazing. I look forward to seeing the whole movie.

this is why I run....

why only play it in theaters on one night? anyone know when it will be in Canada? can it be downloaded on the web?
                I would really like to see it but I just can't justify $20.00. Surely it will come out on a DVD soon.
                USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
                  The tickets are $20? That's too bad. I really have enjoyed that trailer and probably watch it every other day just to get the juices flowing. I love the quote at the end that no matter how slow or how fast finishing a marathon will change your life forever.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

It cost me $20, but I'm bringing my wife...

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Wow. That moved me.
                      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                        The tickets are $20? That's too bad. I really have enjoyed that trailer and probably watch it every other day just to get the juices flowing. I love the quote at the end that no matter how slow or how fast finishing a marathon will change your life forever.
                        My tickets are $10...

Cause I CAN

I love the quote at the end that no matter how slow or how fast finishing a marathon will change your life forever.
                          I love that also and its true, I dont know what happened to me but i feel like a wall came down when I finished mine and anything was possible
                          Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                          http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                            My tickets are $10...
                            You appear to be correct. I just checked local movies in Atlanta and tickets are $10.00. So help me a couple of weeks ago they wanted $20.00 At $10.00 I'm going. Of course when I get the buttered popcorn and coke at the movie I'll be back at $20.00 but that's allright. I have a running group I run with. I'll have to float the idea of a group viewing.
                            USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010