Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Gray Runner

Running Bear

I find all kinds of neat stuff when I am running.  Let's see, this year I have found $20, a machete, a golf club (pitching wedge), a slightly banged up pocket knife, and a nice Surefire flashlight that works great and is super light.  And I have come across lots of women's underwear.  Not certain why, but I think there may be a fair amount of fun happening on the back roads of Georgia besides my running.  Oh, and last year I came across a deer that ran across the road and into the pasture, and then it's fawn came out in the in the middle of the road.  The little thing was brand new, and hunkered down like it was trying to hide from me but it was in the middle of the road.  I heard a car coming so I scooped it up and put it quickly across the fence in the direction of mama.  if it weighed 10 lbs that is all.  It ran off towards mama and hid in the thick johnson grass.

Upcoming races:  
    Mt. Cheaha 50K 2/22
    Georgia Death race 100K 3/15-16
    Sweetwater 50K 4/12
    Cruel Jewel 100 5/16-17
    Make It By Midnight FM 7/XX
    H9 50 mile 8/9
    Georgia Jewel 100 9/27
    Pacing at Pinhoti 100 11/XX
    Dunkin Ridge Trail 50K 11/XX
    Lookout Mtn 50 mile 12/20

EpicErin

Epic Runner

OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD THIS THREAD EXISTS. LOOK AT THIS POTATO BUG. 

My friend and I saw this on a run and stopped to look at it for like 15 minutes because we could NOT figure out what it was and we were flipping out!!! I finally got home and googled "weird cricket roach" and it ACTUALLY CAME UP.

Okay so maybe we were overreacting but it was HUGE...

Do Epic Runs

http://www.doepicruns.com/

Not dead. Yet.

OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD THIS THREAD EXISTS. LOOK AT THIS POTATO BUG. 

I hope you flipped it back over to save it from sure death in the sunlight.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

EpicErin

Epic Runner

I hope you flipped it back over to save it from sure death in the sunlight.

It was already dead Dead Cry

Do Epic Runs

http://www.doepicruns.com/

Loves the outdoors

Today I found someones set of top teeth. How is it possible to not notice your teeth falling out?

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

It was already dead Dead Cry

I think if I saw that on the ground outside, I would be so scarred that I would stop leaving the house. That is legit disgusting.

This morning I ran past a little white teddy bear lying on the side of the road.  Maybe not weird, but rather sad.  I wondered if the kid that lost it was as upset as my daughter would be if she lost hers.

HuntsBennett

HuntsBennett(UK)

This probably does not count as "weird" but the most "useful thing I have ever seen on the ground when out for a run was a tissue! I was jogging on when my nose started bleeding quite profusely I saw a lovely white and hopefully clean tissue picked it up plugged my nose and continued normal jogging. My better half was mortified when I told her.

So apologies to Zoom Zoom but how about the most useful thing you found out on a run?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm trying to think of useful...not coming up with much.  I need to find some money!

I've seen half-empty water bottles while thirsty, before, but I've never been desperate enough to go there.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JLongRC

Can't tell you how many times I've seen a big jump on the HR graph that correlated with me seeing a dead animal on the ground...

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Every once in awhile, I'll run by a fence that has catfish heads stuck on top of the posts.  Like, more than one fence.  Even living here as long as I have, I've never understood this.  Are they there as a warning against future catfish intruders?

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Can't tell you how many times I've seen a big jump on the HR graph that correlated with me seeing a dead animal on the ground...

imagine what your HR would do if you saw that dead animal in the air?

SeanM.

Bahama Mia

I have seen a dead squirrel with all the guts and brains along the road (I have seen that multiple times). Another weird thing I saw was a squirrel and a bird playing together. The squirrel was on the ground and the bird was flying low near the squirrel.

Wessy

I've found anything from a cell phone to a slice of pizza to a pair of poopstained underwear.

Thought of this thread while on my run today as I was passed by a motorcycle towing a coffin.  Not sure if he was taking a buddy for a last ride or it was his idea of tow behind storage.

Technically it was on the ground and the weirdest thing I have seen on my runs to date.

What was I chasing again?