XML Import ??? (Read 538 times)

Since my training log has started to get large I decided to do a export in XML format as a backup in case data was ever lost in RA. I do not see a way to import back into our training log the XML file that was backed up. What am I missing?

I know RA is probably backed up regularly but also maintaining backups locally is an end users responsibility.

Mike

eric :)

Allowing import from backups is a bad idea because someone is bound to do it and his/her log is completely messed up.  The data are backed up daily and are stored both locally and remotely.  I go through the excercise of restoring the data on my home machine about once a month to ensure data integrity.  Should the server ever fails, data will be restored from the daily backups.  Should I ever need to reconstitute the data from individual backups, I will create an importer then.  Why do the unnecessary work?
        Ok, Guess I was just getting paranoid. I will leave backups and restores to you.

Thanks Eric !!!

The shirtless wonder

Eric,

If someone were to take an export of data from a different training log and convert it to the RA format would you import it?  I have a friend using mapmyrun.com and he'd like to use RA but doesn't want to lose his existing training information.  We could pretty easily convert the data to RA's XML format...

Thanks,

Greg

Mike,

I don't back up my data.  I rely solely on the automated backups to keep my data safe.  It is in my best interest to keep the data safe.  Can you imagine having thousands of angry runners pounding at my door?  The worst part is I can't run away because many of them are faster than me.

Greg,

I have a MMR importer.  I needed more imports to ensure it's functioning properly.  Have your friend send me his file and I'll take care of it.

MTA: RA is making MMR rich...

Outside Lane

MTA: RA is making MMR rich...

??? 

See how they run...

MMR deemed data export a "premium" feature.  If you have your data with them, you'll need to pay $5 before you can download it.  I don't think users are aware of this when they first sign up, which in my books is extortion.

The shirtless wonder

Thanks Eric.  I'll have him send his data to you via the feedback form.

Greg

jfergus

I have a Runners World Log that I'd like to transfer over to Running Ahead.  You can export to a .txt or an .xml file.  I can send you either one if you need more.

Jerrett

Just send me a request via the feedback form.