Any RWOL 3:20, 3:00 or Competitive Jerks out there? (Read 1014 times)

fb-guy

I don't see RWOL getting any better in my lifetime, so maybe its time for a move en masse. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because I'm tapering and my race is a weather disaster, but I'm tired of being abused by RWOL.

Anybody out there?

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

bhearn

Ha, I've got the same upcoming races. You're a tad faster than me. CIM was supposed to be 2:58... I think I am going to switch to Tucson. There is a reasonably active sub-3 thread in the Racing forum. On my phone or I'd link.
      xor

There was an existing Marathon Training user group here before the RWOL invasion.  It was pretty sleepy.

Inbound RWOL folks set up a new Marathoners user group for posting dailies.

Dunno if that will stick, but that's what is there.  Poke your head in and see who snuck in.

Weee!

BTW, lots of the actual running (non-dailies) talk occurs out here in the main board.

fb-guy

I'm in. Time to recruit runners from RWOL. We'll see how much they let me post before they ban me.

xor

I'm in. Time to recruit runners from RWOL. We'll see how much they let me post before they ban me.

That's a weird thing.  We've been making explicit "come over here where it doesn't suck" posts for a couple weeks.  Those posts are all still there; they haven't been nuking them.

I have a theory about that.

ANYWAY.  Know well, that there seems to have been a switcheroo here.  Marathoners seems to be the daily/chat threads.  Marathon Training and the open forum area seems to be the q/a locations.  And we have two race/result threads in the open area (sub 3 and sub 130 half).  If we start having 15 of them, like in the MRT, it is going to make everyone's head hurt.

Well, I'm not saying that I'm switching yet, but I AM checking it our over here...

- rovatti

fb-guy

What we really need is some of the talent. Has anybody talked to Matt, Amuse, Brock, MichaelMc, Bird, Stig, GIM, R2H, Rovatti, Rachel, etc. about cutting RWOL off completely? None of this riding two bikes at the same time sh!t. hahaha.

Have to admit that I like the 3:20 thread. It's weird but familiar. Like a roach motel -- once you come in....

BexKix, Bagel Defender

That's a weird thing.  We've been making explicit "come over here where it doesn't suck" posts for a couple weeks.  Those posts are all still there; they haven't been nuking them.

I have a theory about that.

ANYWAY.  Know well, that there seems to have been a switcheroo here.  Marathoners seems to be the daily/chat threads.  Marathon Training and the open forum area seems to be the q/a locations.  And we have two race/result threads in the open area (sub 3 and sub 130 half).  If we start having 15 of them, like in the MRT, it is going to make everyone's head hurt.

If I were hosting a board and I had a bunch of users angry and leaving, I'd let them leave.  Especially with the high profile RWOL carries, they're not worried.

Penny for your thoughts.  PM me your fax # and I'll send the penny over.

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

I'm here and checking in on occasion.

Can't give up my RWOL unless the whole gang decides to come on over as well .

Clown at least they have a clown.....

fb-guy

Hey NickS. Time to move the entire group. Isn't it nice here. Smile

Tell a friend -- who is that nice looking family in your avatar?

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

Hey NickS. Time to move the entire group. Isn't it nice here. Smile

Tell a friend -- who is that nice looking family in your avatar?

They were at the finish in Chicago so I just snuck in behind them and had the picture made.... Big grin

fb-guy

Should we just pick a name for the 3:20 thread?

bhearn

Just curious, 3:20 used to be a pretty meaningful number, but with the new BQ times, it seems to be the odd number out. What's the history/motivation behind the thread?
                            fb-guy

A bunch of us joined the 3:20 thread years ago, and it ended up a good group of crazies, and lots of fun. People kept getting faster but some of us just never left. We meet at races, do stupid stunts (CIM2LasVegas), that sort of thing.

I think Stevie Ray has a good point that we don't want a series of threads where runners only post in one place.

bhearn

OK, so maybe I'm missing what's being suggested here. There's a handful of long-running threads in the Racing forum (sub-3, sub-3:30, sub-4, some for half, some for 5k, etc.). Is someone proposing consolidating those in a group? Maybe it's just worked well because of the size of RA, but it's nice to keep these things in Racing.