Kirby or Rainbow Vacuums (Read 1473 times)

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

coastwalker

Vacuums suck.

"Nothing sucks like Electrolux."

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Krishi Smith

As you want to purchase a vacuum cleaner then it depends on the personal that you should buy a bagless or bag vacuum cleaner as both clean equally well. I think you should take proper reviews from the customers who are using Kirby or rainbow vacuums. I believe in calling a professional expert for cleaning the carpets. Please do not waste your money. Another thing to consider is that if you need very simple parts like filters or belts fore the cleaner then you need to you have to order them from the company at inflated prices. Read proper reviews of current owners.

Expert Carpet Cleaning London

xhristopher

Expert Carpet Cleaning London

But what I can't figure out is what makes the new Dyson Digital Slim, well, digital. Does it suck your dirties with data technology or are they just saying you had better grab it with all your available digits?

Perky

Perky

I have a Rainbow.  I've had it for 20 years and I love it.  I agree, dumping the water is a pain but it sure does an excellent job. 

I got it used at a garage sale so I have absolutely no idea how old it really is.  I've replaced the power nozzle attachment and the seal around the water tank.  I have bungie cords holding the top part to the tank and duct tape on the handle.  It looks like R2D2 after a run in with the Road Warrior. 

It looks bad but it still sucks amazingly well and it leaves my carpets clean and  fur-free (for about 4 minutes then my highly paid 4-legged assistants step in).

pauldavies

Kirby vacuum is better than rainbow vacuum in cleaning. By taking a proper demonstration you can compare both of them. Vacuum cleaners are good for cleaning and Kirby vacuum is consider as a best vacuum.

carpet cleaners Kensington

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

We have a Kirby G4 that works great, but is a bitch to lug around.  Our story is the same as everyone else's:  Got "sucked" into the cleaning demo, they wanted a grand for it, we said "Hell no".  Husband went on eBay, found the previous model for like $120, and we've had it ever since.

I was gone to sea for a while and my wife called to tell me "she had bought a Kirby".  My normally frugal, but still 'too trusting' wife got sucked in (excuse the pun) by some damn door-to-door salesman.   I calculated out the payments she had signed up for, and the total for the Vacuum came out to over $1,500.00! (Closer to 2,000 in fact). Angry

I researched VA laws quickly, and there is a "three day" return period in VA law.  I told her to have that thing taken back right away!  She had the salesman come over to pick it up and take it away.  He offered her lower and lower prices before he left, but she had him take it away.

So, it is a matter of PRINCIPLE for me now...    I wouldn't buy a Kirby for 1.00!   (Hoover windtunnel works superb, excellent suction + cleaning for about $160 bucks)

PS.  I just went back and read Mikeymike's story, very funny!  Folks, we are PAST the age of door-to-door salesman!   Chase them off!  (Unless they are selling Girl Scout Cookies---The ONLY exception) Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I am a sales professional and tend to have a soft spot for sales people who are in low end positions just trying to make a living.

I'm picturing an almost-remodeled basement filled with Fuller brushes, Cutco knives and large-type encyclopedias.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Looks like this thread was resurrected by Tief's Slovenian associate...

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Oh, crap, didn't even realize the date on the original thread.  Confused

Hoodoo Guru

I dropped out of school for a year back in about 1980.  The only job I could find was selling vacuum cleaners.  The one I sold was called the Compact.  A really neat little canister vac that sold for $1200.  Just looking at it you figure it would cost $100.  It did work well.  Using the principle of "cyclonic action" and a turbine engine (just like in a jet plane!) and made by American LaFrance (the same people who make fire engines!) it was a good little sucker.  But the sales pitch was just like Mikey and others describe.   It used to floor me (no pun intended) when I would go into my sales pitch and people would say "yes" right away.  Really?  You live in this hovel and want to spend $1200 on a vacuum?

I would get $100 per sale, unless the machine had to be financed, which was the case about 75% of the time.  If financed, I got $50.  I sold about 2 per week and realized this was not the path to wealth.  I probably did this for a month before moving on to a better job, working in a warehouse picking orders.  Both of these jobs proved to be great incentive to get me back to school.

The tangents are moot.

See, I'd be too direct and honest to be able to sell $1,500.00 Vacuums to people, no matter how bad off I was.

I'd tell people:  DO NOT BUY THIS VACUUM.  It is decent, but it is WAY OVERPRICED.  DO NOT BUY IT.

.....And I'd probably have sold tons of them with that statement and  been salesman of the year. Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I was a Kirby salesman for about 8 days in the late 1980's, and that 8 days included a week of paid "training". They strongly encouraged us to jump start our lucrative vacuum selling careers by hitting up our family and friends right out of the gate. Sell one or two to the easiest, won't say no targets to get the ball rolling. I had my grandparents convinced that they needed to spend $1200 that they could not afford on a vacuum that they didn't need, and then my stupid conscience kicked in. I took it back, turned it in, and quit the next day. It did seem like a pretty good vacuum, though. The only thing it didn't do was make toast.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

You live in this hovel and want to spend $1200 on a vacuum?

Not to paint with too broad of a brush, but I bet in some cases the one has to do with the other.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people