100 mile week (Read 303 times)

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

That's awesome...I would have to split a lot of those into doubles just to fit it in all in!

kcam

+1 to the awesomeness of the 100 mile week.  Way to go.  Were those all single runs that you listed?  I once ran a 100 mile week just to see if I could do it and there were a couple days I did 3 runs / day.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I absolutely hate racing, it makes me crazy.  So I only run one race a year which is a 10K trail run.  I don't need any other kinds of motivation to run during the year because I enjoy running so much.  I honestly don't get those of you who must go from race to race to race.  For me that would be nerve-wracking torture.  The only reason I do that one race is as a reality check for myself, and because I also believe that it is good for you mentally to do things that are not fun once in a while.

I did sort of split up the 16 mile runs.  I ran ten of those miles with my dog, but because I didn't want to force him to run that far, I did stop back at my house and dropped him off.  Then I had to take my other dog for a two mile walk.  When I was done with that, I turned right around and did the last 6 miles.

So the 16 mile runs were split up into a 10 mile run, half hour walk, 6 mile run.  That did help me get through those last six miles, getting a break like that.  It is harder mentally though, to turn back from your house and head back out.  I will say, it is much harder to do that in the winter than in the summer though!

Leah, mother of dogs

joescott

Runners sometimes do apparently silly things; that's what I think.

No.  Surprised

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I absolutely hate racing, it makes me crazy.  So I only run one race a year which is a 10K trail run.  I don't need any other kinds of motivation to run during the year because I enjoy running so much.  

NikoRosa, everytime I see your display pic, I wonder if you do zombie runs? I suppose not based on how much you hate racing. They are big around here, and I ran one earlier in the month. It brought running into a totally different perspective. Up to that point, I had run normal races, and concentrated on pace, etc. When I ran the zombie run, I was constantly changing speeds. Easy pace through the trails, but then sprinting and dodging through the "zombie zones". By the end, I felt wooped... But regardless, great job on 100 miles, I am still dreaming of such an accomplishment.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

NikoRosa, everytime I see your display pic, I wonder if you do zombie runs? I suppose not based on how much you hate racing. They are big around here, and I ran one earlier in the month. It brought running into a totally different perspective. Up to that point, I had run normal races, and concentrated on pace, etc. When I ran the zombie run, I was constantly changing speeds. Easy pace through the trails, but then sprinting and dodging through the "zombie zones". By the end, I felt wooped... But regardless, great job on 100 miles, I am still dreaming of such an accomplishment.

No I am just addicted to the Zombies, Run! app.  It just makes me laugh, all those item pickups like underwear and whiskey.  And I enjoy the storyline.

the zombie runs do look really exciting.  I would love to watch one in person as a spectator!  It is more like playing games for grown ups than racing  by your description.

Leah, mother of dogs