100 mile week (Read 301 times)

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

That's awesome...I would have to split a lot of those into doubles just to fit it in all in!

+1 to the awesomeness of the 100 mile week.  Way to go.  Were those all single runs that you listed?  I once ran a 100 mile week just to see if I could do it and there were a couple days I did 3 runs / day.

Cheap and Evil Girl

I absolutely hate racing, it makes me crazy.  So I only run one race a year which is a 10K trail run.  I don't need any other kinds of motivation to run during the year because I enjoy running so much.  I honestly don't get those of you who must go from race to race to race.  For me that would be nerve-wracking torture.  The only reason I do that one race is as a reality check for myself, and because I also believe that it is good for you mentally to do things that are not fun once in a while.

I did sort of split up the 16 mile runs.  I ran ten of those miles with my dog, but because I didn't want to force him to run that far, I did stop back at my house and dropped him off.  Then I had to take my other dog for a two mile walk.  When I was done with that, I turned right around and did the last 6 miles.

So the 16 mile runs were split up into a 10 mile run, half hour walk, 6 mile run.  That did help me get through those last six miles, getting a break like that.  It is harder mentally though, to turn back from your house and head back out.  I will say, it is much harder to do that in the winter than in the summer though!

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.  

"Mental toughness is built by doing something that is hard over and over again, especially when you don't feel like doing it. Our society has conditioned us to believe that there should be no discomfort, to stop when we are uncomfortable. But the discomfort we feel when we're doing a challenging workout is an important part of the strengthening process." -Jim Afremow, The Champion's Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive

Runners sometimes do apparently silly things; that's what I think.

No.  Surprised

- Joe

all running goals are under review by the executive committee.

I absolutely hate racing, it makes me crazy.  So I only run one race a year which is a 10K trail run.  I don't need any other kinds of motivation to run during the year because I enjoy running so much.  

NikoRosa, everytime I see your display pic, I wonder if you do zombie runs? I suppose not based on how much you hate racing. They are big around here, and I ran one earlier in the month. It brought running into a totally different perspective. Up to that point, I had run normal races, and concentrated on pace, etc. When I ran the zombie run, I was constantly changing speeds. Easy pace through the trails, but then sprinting and dodging through the "zombie zones". By the end, I felt wooped... But regardless, great job on 100 miles, I am still dreaming of such an accomplishment.

Cheap and Evil Girl

NikoRosa, everytime I see your display pic, I wonder if you do zombie runs? I suppose not based on how much you hate racing. They are big around here, and I ran one earlier in the month. It brought running into a totally different perspective. Up to that point, I had run normal races, and concentrated on pace, etc. When I ran the zombie run, I was constantly changing speeds. Easy pace through the trails, but then sprinting and dodging through the "zombie zones". By the end, I felt wooped... But regardless, great job on 100 miles, I am still dreaming of such an accomplishment.

No I am just addicted to the Zombies, Run! app.  It just makes me laugh, all those item pickups like underwear and whiskey.  And I enjoy the storyline.

the zombie runs do look really exciting.  I would love to watch one in person as a spectator!  It is more like playing games for grown ups than racing  by your description.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.  

"Mental toughness is built by doing something that is hard over and over again, especially when you don't feel like doing it. Our society has conditioned us to believe that there should be no discomfort, to stop when we are uncomfortable. But the discomfort we feel when we're doing a challenging workout is an important part of the strengthening process." -Jim Afremow, The Champion's Mind: How Great Athletes Think, Train, and Thrive