Lance Armstrong appears finally to have run out of rope. (Read 2702 times)

Better I Leave

If he doesn't want it, I'll take it!  And I'm not even watching the interview, I just really like pinot noir!

Smile They do indeed RAWK, do they not?

Offers Spaniel a glass of a nice 2008 Williamette Valley Vinyards Pinot Noir...

Dang, not even a courteous offer for a refill of water?  Wow! Smile

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Offers Spaniel a glass of a nice 2008 Williamette Valley Vinyards Pinot Noir...

Big grin  That would have been nicer than the box Merlot...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Better I Leave

Dang, not even a courteous offer for a refill of water?  Wow! Smile

Nah, sorry my friend, I don't do water...Fish fuck in it. **giggle**

freddie.sanchez

The Scrub

For those who haven't seen the interview, here's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43EE9I8ZMFc

The only question now is whether this thread will run out of rope.

Once again, I find myself aligned with the Washington Post's Sally Jenkins.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/16/lance-armstrong-apologized-to-sally-jenkins/

Now, can we please just write off the TdF results for all of the 2000s and be done with it, or must we really now call Jan Ullrich a four-time tour winner.

henryc

I don't know where you live but wherever it is, you might look out your kitchen window one day and see this thread creeping into your back yard.

Runners run

C-R

Once again, I find myself aligned with the Washington Post's Sally Jenkins.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/16/lance-armstrong-apologized-to-sally-jenkins/

Rationalization of the offender and his actions. Interesting alignment.

I expect you've already sent your apology note to USADA and WADA for pursuing something that clearly didn't exist.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I just thought " hey they might be discussing this here in off the the beaten path and I could comment on this Lance Armstrong"

You all have commented enough for me and then some.

I just thought " hey they might be discussing this here in off the the beaten path and I could comment on this Lance Armstrong"

You all have commented enough for me and then some.

Honestly, you could say blippety blippety and i wouldn't care with Matt Foley working overtime there.  I love that.

Not out of rope yet!

From He11razor on Reddit:

LA riding his...needle?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Now, can we please just write off the TdF results for all of the 2000s and be done with it, or must we really now call Jan Ullrich a four-time tour winner.

Her disclaimer that she lacks moral certitude was interesting -- she seemed to be saying that she doesn't believe doping is wrong. -- MTA: actually, I'm not sure if she meant she doesn't judge doping with as much moral certitude as others, or she doesn't judge his alleged record of destroying other people's lives with as much moral certitude as others.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

From the internet today:

Of course Lance Armstrong cheated; he used a bike.

#artbydmcbride

Her disclaimer that she lacks moral certitude was interesting -- she seemed to be saying that she doesn't believe doping is wrong. -- MTA: actually, I'm not sure if she meant she doesn't judge doping with as much moral certitude as others, or she doesn't judge his alleged record of destroying other people's lives with as much moral certitude as others.

I can see having a lack of moral certitude in reference to the doping involved.  Elite athletes are always tweaking the training, their nutrition, their supplements to improve there performance; training at altitude, using hypoxic tents, balancing protein and carb mix at certain times after a workout, taking b12, niacin, thyroid meds, asthma inhalers....I can see how getting caught up in saving your own blood to boost red blood cells at peak times when you are low due to punishing workouts, starts to seem like a reasonable training tweak, especially if others are all doing it.  Then is just becomes just a step to taking epo to boost your own production of RBCs...

Lance is sometimes being made out to be the first cyclist to dope and the mastermind svengali who forced all the others to dope too.....that demonizing may lead to a backlash of sympathy for the devil.   Big grin

Runners run