No wonder RA members are so smart! (Read 466 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mar 12, 2007 — WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Exercise boosts brainpower by building new brain cells in a brain region linked with memory and memory loss, U.S. researchers reported on Monday. Tests on mice showed they grew new brain cells in a brain region called the dentate gyrus, a part of the hippocampus that is known to be affected in the age-related memory decline that begins around age 30 for most humans. The researchers used magnetic resonance imaging scans to help document the process in mice — and then used MRIs to look at the brains of people before and after exercise. They found the same patterns, which suggests that people also grow new brain cells when they exercise. ~~~~~~~~~~ More...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cool Cool
      ---- Cynthia
        Tests on mice showed they grew new brain cells in a brain region called the dentate gyrus, a part of the hippocampus
        Well, I blew the smart RA member theory! I read the above and it initially registered as "..a brain region called the dentate gyrus, a part of the hippopotamus. Clowning around
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hippo bottom us? No, I think you mean to be posting this in the Jiggly Joggers group! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay