Couldn't use the maps but I can now. (Read 831 times)

E4JJ

I have tried to use the map in order to "Map my run" but I can only mark the starting point, I click away at the next point and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or has anyone else had this problem. If I don't remedy this I cannot use the site Sad
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What do you mean by "Map My Run"? That is not an option on this site, but is another website out there.
      eric :)

E4JJ, You'll need to give me more information because I don't have much to go on. For starters, what browser and operating system are you using? I will also need their versions as well. The goal is to have enough information so I can produce your problem, because if I can't, I wouldn't know what is wrong. eric Smile
        DanMoriarity

I have the same problem, although that feature isn't what attracted me to this site. I just enjoy the forums and running log, which are both excellent IMO. If it's of any help, I'm using windows vista and whatever's the most recent version of internet explorer. Thanks very much for your efforts on this site, eric!
          E4JJ

The problem is on the create running routes page. I am using Windows XP and Internet explorer ( it updates itself so the most recent). As said the site lets me into the map, I can put a starting point in but then no matter where else I click on the map it will not let me make another point on the route.
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Hmm... I'm using the same right now and it's letting me map. Perhaps reboot and if that doesn't fix the problem then you might want to try a different computer to see if it's something going on with your specific machine vs how you're approaching mapping? I know that from time to time when I'm starting to load a map IE seems to freeze up, but that doesn't sound like what you're describing.

Roads were made for journeys...

E4JJ

I have puzzled it out. I cannot use the map on the initial website page but once logged in it works Big grin. Not sure why though as it did use to work on the first page prior to login.
                eric :)

E4JJ, Thanks for updating me on this. I'm as stumped as you are. There is no difference (at least nothing that I'm aware of) between not logged in and logged in. I haven't been able to reproduce this problem and I can't fix what I can't reproduce. My only thought is it maybe something very specific to your computer. Are you running any antivirus software or firewall software? Sometimes they are a little over zealous in their protection and modify HTML content in the name of safety. eric Smile
                  E4JJ

It could be the over controlling anti virus / firewall as I have Norton Security which does want to control everything. Still I can make the maps work now when logged on, I'm happy enough with that as I'm not really at one with the world of computers.
                    Al1

I have problems from time to time with my maps not working on one of my computers. Typically deleting all my cookies, temporary internet files and history restores them again.