Garmin highly Recommended (Read 669 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Hi there everyone, my garmin 305 arrived this morning, so I have had it on charge, and on my lunch break decide4d to head out to try it out. I did a 3 miles walk, and absolutely loved the features it has on it. I was astounded by the amount of info that it gives you. I walked 3.5 miles, just under an hour and burned just over 400 calories, it gave me my average speed, incline etc. The amount of stuff on it is endless, and cant wait to get home tonight to go for a run with my virtual running partner. Highly recommended to everyone. Anyone have any useful tips or techniques with it if you already have one would be greatful. Smile

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

I highly recommend using SportTracks free software with Garmin. Unlike the software Garmin comes with you will have great maps with ability to edit the readings. You can export your maps then to Google Earth (way cool). Ewa
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
        Garmins are great. Totally changes the way you train. I didn't realize there was anything besides the TrainingCenter. It does lack in a lot areas. Here's the download link I found.

Marathonmanleto

It's a wonderful tool, but it can be tempermental. I purchased mine last October and have enjoyed many of it's features--some not. Cloudy days, rain, snow all seem to throw it off. Recently, I lost the mapping function and have been unable to get it working. Today it seems to have crapped out altogether after recharging. Do I recommend--absolutely, just beware it's very new technology and has it's drawbacks. Enjoy and good running. Clowning around
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It's a wonderful tool, but it can be tempermental. I purchased mine last October and have enjoyed many of it's features--some not. Cloudy days, rain, snow all seem to throw it off. Recently, I lost the mapping function and have been unable to get it working. Today it seems to have crapped out altogether after recharging. Do I recommend--absolutely, just beware it's very new technology and has it's drawbacks. Enjoy and good running. Clowning around
            Huh? I have never heard of some of these problems. What do you mean by lost the mapping function? Sounds to me like you got a bum watch. I have had mine a year now, without any problems. Forerunner 305.
              I have problems with the GPS on really cloudy days too, but I guess that's a limitation of big wristwatch communicating with satellites. Good thing we have site like this Cool

Marathonmanleto

Trent--what I mean is that I can no longer scroll to my course and view it after my run. Not sure why.