NFC Championship (Read 978 times)

L Train

Yes, which is ironic since his two most famous hits came against my favorite teams (Stingley and Sammy White).  I was a little young and wasn't a Raiders fan.  Ronnie Lott is more fresh in my mind.

C-R

Lotts a good choice. I always liked John Lynch. That 'effing guy could bring the lumber.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Yes.  Though he is an NFL quarterback, so what do you expect?  And in some part I blame him for taking the pounding.  They were getting to him by blitzing, not with the down linemen.  He should have been able to see this an audible accordingly, because there had to be someone in man coverage in that case.  You beat them often enough on that, or draw plays or screen plays and you slow down the pressure.     

Do you blame him as much, now?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

He took a beating, for sure, and it's amazing he made it through the whole game (especially given this "new" information).  I still think they lost due to his poor decision making (on one obvioius play) though. 

Dredging this whole thing up new reminds me of how quickly the Vikes have imploded, though.  

born on the bayou

Ugh.  The whole thing is just - ugh.

- Amanda
            LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Do you blame him as much, now?

Beyond the impending penalties to the Saints, I wonder what kinds of lawsuits will be coming along.

The NFL should convert to flag football.  I may be serious.

Michael Vick was all "Whatever, it's just part of the game." So, there's that.   

Lane

Michael Vick was all "Whatever, there's nothing wrong with sponsoring a dog-fighting ring." So, there's that.   

Quote may have been edited for content.

Prince of Fatness

Beyond the impending penalties to the Saints, I wonder what kinds of lawsuits will be coming along.

The NFL should convert to flag football.  I may be serious.

Yes you may.  Click.

Not at it at all. 

Quote may have been edited for content.

No, no. He was referring to the bounty program.  

Yes you may.  Click.

Those lawyers ruin everything

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Those lawyers ruin everything

"Outside of sports, American human capital and productivity probably rise. No football Saturdays on college campuses means less binge drinking, more studying, better grades, smarter future adults. Losing thousands of college players and hundreds of pro players might produce a few more doctors or engineers. Plus, talented coaches and general managers would gravitate toward management positions in American industry. Heck, just getting rid of fantasy football probably saves American companies hundreds of millions of dollars annually."

Yabut where would the drum majors go?

not to mention chearleaders.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yabut where would the drum majors go?

They'd just to play with their batons by themselves.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.