Don't buy that new iPod just yet! (Read 963 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have learned never ever ever to buy technology, for tomorrow will always offer an advance. Except, criminy, I bought me an iTouch about 6 weeks ago. But then again, I use it all the time...so perhaps I got my money's worth. And why should I wait for GPS, the pseudoGPS already works very well.

Dave

This looks like a major product refresh across macbooks, ipods, and some other stuff. The back to school promotion giving away the touch with purchase of a mac was a good indicator that they were going to update. I'm betting on a modest update on the touch with a price cut, maybe a bump in storage, and an added GPS chip so that with some software (probably $80?) you can use it as a navigation GPS.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Imminent Catastrophe

And why should I wait for GPS, the pseudoGPS already works very well.
          Really? Not for me. Right now it's telling me I'm in Queens, NY. I'm in Georgia. Juuuuuust a bit off.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dave

More confirmation today from Engadget. Release on 9 September. As usual, they're not saying what.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Jazz hands!

Hurrah! I need would really like to own a new regular iPod (the 3.5-year-old Classic has been dropped way too many times) but have been holding out for the last few weeks. Yep. I am a dork.
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Dave

So which one do you think you want to get to replace the classic?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Jazz hands!

So which one do you think you want to get to replace the classic?
                  Probably an 80-gig iPod video. I already have a shuffle for running Big grin
                  run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                    Juuuuuust a bit off.
                    For some reason, I hear this in Bob Uecker's voice.

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.