I hate heat and humidity (Read 263 times)

'nuff said

Julia1971

tinman11

I started a long run at 9:30 today.

By mile 12 it was a little too hot and by the end of mile 17 when I got back to my car, I was ready to wrap it up for sure.

That's what I get for staying up too late having a few cold beers.......

xhristopher

It's like nature giving you a big wet and warm hug.

Feeling the growl again

I could think of a few more appropriate words to replace "hug",

but none fit to post here. ;D

It's like nature giving you a big wet and warm hug.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I live in the Houston area and I know heat and humidity. It sucks. But embrace it and continue to train. When the first cold front comes through, you'll be able to run harder/faster with the same effort. This prepares me for the fall season. Some skip training in the summer or move indoors. I prefer to run during my lunch break. It's hot but my body gets acclimated with no issues if I start in the spring.

Why is it sideways?

I just think of it like altitude training without the benefits.

Docket_Rocket

I agree.  Ugh.

I hate hugs, so a dewpoint of 78 better not continue to hug me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

It was just a few months ago my training was getting befriggered by this crap:

So I'm trying not to piss and moan too much about the heat and humidity.

Runners run

I would run in freezing weather any day instead of heat and humidity.

I did an 8K today and the humidity felt like water torture.  --I keep pushing it, but I can't acclimate to it no matter how hard I try.  I'll keep putting in the miles this summer, but I am anxiously awaiting the fall...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Docket_Rocket

You can acclimate to heat but there is no acclimating to dewpoint, so your body will always struggle to cool itself in that high humidity.

I would run in freezing weather any day instead of heat and humidity.

I did an 8K today and the humidity felt like water torture.  --I keep pushing it, but I can't acclimate to it no matter how hard I try.  I'll keep putting in the miles this summer, but I am anxiously awaiting the fall...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I can deal with heat,cold,whatever.  I CANNOT FRIGGIN STAND the biting flies.  I run in the woods in upstate NY, and the black flies and deer flies are maddening.  I drenched myself in Deep Woods Off, and the black flies were still swarming around my face, it is hard to not accidentally breathe one in.  And it sucks to get one stuck in your eye.  And at least one deer flies finds its way to an unsprayed tender spot.  I am considering running with a mosquito net, but it would be hard to drink.

Leah, mother of dogs

an amazing likeness

I can deal with heat,cold,whatever.  I CANNOT FRIGGIN STAND the biting flies.  I run in the woods in upstate NY, and the black flies and deer flies are maddening.

Deer flies are the worst. They will harass for miles on end. Perhaps this might help, one runner's deer fly experiment.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Yuck.  It felt like I was swimming today.  Gross.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

I love heat and humidity and would rather live in Death Valley than this cold, fu-ked up hell hole.