Anyone running after having breat augmentation? (Read 989 times)

Ikat78

I had breast augmentation done 6 weeks ago. I am feeling great. I don't feel the difference in my chest anymore. I think I am ready to hit the street. I bought a special bra by enell but still fear my breasts will move too much. I know I am probably just paranoid so I need to hear from the women that have been running since they had surgery. I know you are out there.
      I wouldn't request pictures, but as soon as Jake recovers from his post-marathon hangover...

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ikat, what is your doctor's recommendation? I would guess that 6 weeks is enough time (I had the opposite surgery a little over 4 years ago...I think I was allowed to get back to low-impact exercise by 4 weeks, but that's also a more invasive operation) as long as you take it easy, but I understand your trepidation. The Enell bra is probably a good idea--for peace of mind, if nothing else. Those babies are built like tanks.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ikat78

My doc said I could resume exercise as normal. I'm still paranoid though...lol.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, it's always better to be overly cautious than to take risks that could leave you injured. I know those scars have still gotta be a little tender, too. It's good to listen to your body and play it safe. Your "girls" will thank you. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

(I had the opposite surgery a little over 4 years ago...)
              Sacrilege! Cry

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com