My last high school track race of my life-- (Read 475 times)

So last night i had my last highschool track meet of my life. for all i know it could have been the last track meet of my life depending on if i make the team next year at the university of iowa. It was our Sectional meet and I knew I had no chance of qualifying for the 1600 considering the state qual time is 4:24 and my PR has previously been 4:49. Anyway I went on to the track filled with energy. As soon as the race started I took an early lead running through the first 200 meters in 33 seconds. After that I pretty much controlled the race and kept that pace running each quarter in 71 -70 -73 -70. My goal was to run about 4:40 and I ended up with a 4:46 winning the slow heat. what do you guys think of that race as ending my high school career?

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

Marquess of Utopia

Great race! I don't know how hard it is to get on the team at a NCAA D1 school, but you really want to continue running track could totally get a scholarship at an NAIA school; or join the team at a NCAA D3 school; (last time I knew D3 schools couldn't give out athletic scholarships). Good luck making the team at Iowa.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Congrats on a solid HS career, and a great last race. For what it's worth, you beat the time of my last HS mile race (4:47, but I was closing fast on ya -- 65 on the last lap). No better way than to finish with a win and a PR, I say. Best of luck at Iowa. Running in the 4:40s won't get you a scholarship at a D1 school, but you should be able to train with the team. Plus, you actually improve a lot physically at your age (freshman in college) so long as you don't succumb to the "Freshman 15." Are you considering cross country as well? Good Luck! Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Good luck at Iowa next year - GO HAWKS... Beware of Thurs. nights at the Sports Column and the Magic Bus before football games (oh, the horror!)
            Congrats on the PR and the win! Definitely a great way to end your high school career. Good luck at Iowa next year! I can tell you from experience that D1 track is no joke... if you keep with it and don't get too distracted by the other things that college life has to offer, you'll run some of the best times of your life!