Attention Race Directors (Read 909 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Attention Runners

Be nice to volunteers.  Please and thank you are cool.  If they can't do exactly what you want or don't magically know the answer to your detail-level question, don't get upset with them.  Mahalo.  Yes, you are up early to run a race.  They are up early too and chances are, the ones at the start got there before you did.  And if you think YOU are cold and wet, stand still in it for a few hours.

(I could also go on a long rant about trying to handle a seemingly simple calendar and how bizarre that gets.  For example, I have been accused of "destroying (someone's) dreams" because I could not personally guarantee that an incredibly obscure race I have never heard of put on by a person I do not know in a place I have never been would get more than 20 starters...it apparently had 5 listed starters at the time this person was requiring my personal guarantee.  Wee.)

I'm always super nice to volunteers. I'm usually super nice to everyone, actually. Too many years of working retail.

So it's you I should harass to see if my two virtual runs will count towards Half Fanatics? I don't care if they had no real start/finish, they were 13 miles and I want them to count dammit!!

Ugh I can't even do that jokingly.

#artbydmcbride

How about for all runners:

- personalized long sleeve tech shirt

- cotton shirt for those folks who are old school

- second old school cotton shirt for those who suffered through the race the prior year

- keepsake chip

- silicone Silipint pint glass full of local craftbeer

- unique wooden medal

- personalized bib

- Hatch showprint poster

How about age group awards!!??   Big grin

Runners run

On On

Seriously.  I mean, who would sign up for a race that advertises the SWAG this way? 

Also included: Each registered runner will receive SWAG to be decided on by the race organizers.

Who knows what the hell one could come home with?

I had to google this to make sure I knew where it came from.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

One local race gives away running shorts, FWIW.

Julia1971

I did help give out race packets once. Dear LORD will you womenfolk please remember what name you register under.

Aponi Rocks

no

ok try Aponi Goddess

nope

hmm how about Aponi Rocks-Goddess or Aponi Goddess-Rocks or maybe I used my middle name so try Danger Goddess

sigh

There are 3(?) people in my area with my name.  I've gotten their packets in the past - in one case it was a huge PITA to get the error straightened out - so now I'm super specific about who I am.  I'm sure the volunteers are like, "I don't need your street level details, ma'am".

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had to google this to make sure I knew where it came from.

Now that's funny.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How about age group awards!!??   Big grin

Every AG winner gets a second cup of beer and an extra brownie.

On On

Here is the give away for all runners this weekend at the NJ Trail Winter Series #2.   Beer inside the cooler not included.  But there will be plenty available at the finish.

cooler

Jess runs for bacon

Why did you post that Rick? I cancelled my plans for the weekend so now I can run this. Now you are making me want to.

On On

Why did you post that Rick? I cancelled my plans for the weekend so now I can run this. Now you are making me want to.

Come run.  If you tell me you're coming I'll make sure I save you one.  FYI.  We had 40 people sign up once I posted this photo to the FB group.

Feeling the growl again

I have not even run one of Rick's races...yet....and I wish I had.  The scuttlebutt is that good.  GO...you won't be sorry.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

csab

I think that giving away T-shirts doesn't actually cost money. It comes back on advertising. If not, I really wouldn't want those either. Make me work for a prize. Make me place in my age group at least.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

I got a fleece blanket at a race last winter.  It was a nice change.  It is good for picnics and sitting on in the park.

I actually like cotton shirts.  I can throw them in the dryer and not have to worry about them, and when they are ratty they make good rags.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

dallison

registered pw

yeah, i have too many t-shirts from this year. I may donate a few of them. I'd rather have some kick ass food afterwards.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

On On

Went to a NYE party and fit 2 bombers of Southern Tier, a 6 pack of Dales can and 6 Long Trail IPA bottles.  I was surprised I could fit so much into the cooler.

Here is the give away for all runners this weekend at the NJ Trail Winter Series #2.   Beer inside the cooler not included.  But there will be plenty available at the finish.

cooler