Bolt blew it (Read 2037 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, I was DQed for a false start at the Monkey once.

You can put your feet in the blocks there? Someone told me that they use cinder blocks, and tie them around your neck, there.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Here's an interesting trivia for those who like to "debate".  Who was the runner who false-started the Olympic marathon and went on and won the gold medal?

dennrunner

I certainly wouldn't know. 1956 was a year before I was born, and I'm not from Australia.

I certainly wouldn't know. 1956 was a year before I was born, and I'm not from Australia.

Minoun?  No. 

dennrunner

okay, then I'll guess Zatopek. and I'm all out of guesses. (because otherwise it's strike three for me.)

okay, then I'll guess Zatopek. and I'm all out of guesses. (because otherwise it's strike three for me.)

Ding, ding, ding!!!  You got it!!  Dave Martin had written that book on Olympic marathons.  He heard of this story about a false start in the marathon and he started to ask around.  One day, he received a letter that reads; "Oops!!  I did it (not exactly this way)" signed Emil Zatopek!!  He (Dave) told me this story himself.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ding, ding, ding!!!  You got it!!  Dave Martin had written that book on Olympic marathons.  He heard of this story about a false start in the marathon and he started to ask around.  One day, he received a letter that reads; "Oops!!  I did it (not exactly this way)" signed Emil Zatopek!!  He (Dave) told me this story himself.

It's a pretty serious competitor to false start a marathon, wouldn't you say?

Simpson did not!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Exciting, and durn it, I wasn't watching.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a pretty serious competitor to false start a marathon, wouldn't you say?

Zatopek might even have run more than 35 mpw, even when he was only racing 3 miles.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

#artbydmcbride

Can we start a new series of threads called "Ask Mikey", where we give Mikey our questions and he answers them for us?

Because that would be, like, really cool.  I got a lot of questions.

Way to put the kibosh on it, before it gets off the ground!  Roll eyes

oh, and Hooray for Barringer-Simpson!!! 

Runners run

Didn't mean to bring this back up but just wanted to let people know about a comment from THE man.

According to Bolt himself: "It was 100% my fault.  I knew about the rule and I don't think we should even look into changing the current rule."

....And I'll give you one more trivia (denrunner???).  Not talk about a "burn"...

Who cut the finishing tape (yeah, here's one hint because we USED to have a finishing tape...), in other words, actually crossed the finish line first but lost the race and a gold medal in the Olympics and what event???

Why is it sideways?

Didn't mean to bring this back up but just wanted to let people know about a comment from THE man.

According to Bolt himself: "It was 100% my fault.  I knew about the rule and I don't think we should even look into changing the current rule."

Obviously, he is going to say that. Otherwise he comes across as a sore loser. So, he's really the last person to look to for an opinion on this. Anyways, I don't really know if a rule change is in order, either, even though I was arguing for it pretty relentlessly.

Anyways, I don't really know if a rule change is in order, either, even though I was arguing for it pretty relentlessly.

Yes, Jeff, I've noticed.  And that was my effort to end it. ;o)