Show me your socks! (Read 246 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

+1! my toes try to eat their neighbors Smile

I use the toe-socks for long runs, marathons and whenever I have a blister between toes.  I got a ton of them from woot.com for cheap.  Otherwise, Icebreaker (wool) and Smartwool.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Merino whatever.  Used to be a Smartwool fan, but their quality/durability has fallen in recent years.  Like Icebreaker and Point 6.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Like my Balega Enduro quarter high, medium thick.

Merino whatever.  Used to be a Smartwool fan, but their quality/durability has fallen in recent years.  Like Icebreaker and Point 6.

I'm another Icebreaker fan, seem to sweat less in them.  Don't know why.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

NHLA

Swiftwick because they do last.

So many choices! It will be like a sock smorgasbord!!

tomatolover

+1! my toes try to eat their neighbors Smile

same here---no amount of vasaline between the toes stops that...i love the toe socks---my only problem with them is that my feet are supernaturally cold ALL THE TIME and running in winter in toe socks seems to exacerbate this and my feet go numb within 2  miles...are the wool injinji socks any warmer than the other varieties?

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

..are the wool injinji socks any warmer than the other varieties?

Nominally.

I don't find much difference in socks except for "ultra thin" socks being a bit cold.  The wool Injinji socks are a bit thicker -- but really, I sometimes even wear them in th summer (the miracle of wool).

Might I suggest socks in socks?  Layering is probably the easiest thing to try for you: creating that air buffer of insulation.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

emmbee

queen of headlamps

I'm running in the Inininji mini--crew original weight socks for my longer runs right now.  I have pretty gnarly bunions, and the toe separation they provide is just enough to help with alignment so I don't have to tape.  I'm fine with Target's C9 socks for short runs or other workouts or if my toe socks are in the wash.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

same here---no amount of vasaline between the toes stops that...i love the toe socks---my only problem with them is that my feet are supernaturally cold ALL THE TIME and running in winter in toe socks seems to exacerbate this and my feet go numb within 2  miles...are the wool injinji socks any warmer than the other varieties?

I think they may be warmer. I use the medium weight Injinjis. My feet don't get cold, even in single digit temps.

Give Me Socks

spam

+1 to Swiftsocks. I'm in love with the Pursuit (Merino, more padding since it's a ''trail'' version). I love that they come in various heights... Shorter for the summer, higher for winter when I have to keep the snow or wind draft out!

clean socks whenever my wife does laundry.  .   seriously, right now usually a light or medium weight cushion wool sock (wigwam, REI, SW) with a liner sock.  like to keep the little toes warm.  warmer weather like to use wright,  experia or some other lightweight synthetic that wicks & breathes.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Changed my mind to Brooks Nightlife Quarter.

hectortrojan

I do not have favorite. I wear ankle socks with more polyester/nylon/spandex and less cotton.