Anyone else run and doing Weight Watchers? (Read 709 times)

Supersono99

Yay! Hi, Linda. So I joined the weight loss board, too. We can talk points thereSmile I've got 40 to lose. 

Run Like a Mother

Me too, 40.  I lost 40 3 years ago and then stopped running and doing WW and guess what?  Gained most of it back Sad  So here I am again.  I'll see you over there.

Linda

Zelanie

I've lost just over 100 pounds on WW.  I have been at goal and maintaining since this past summer.  It's a great program and really changed my life.  I started running only after I had lost most of the weight, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Smile

Supersono99

I've lost just over 100 pounds on WW.  I have been at goal and maintaining since this past summer.  It's a great program and really changed my life.  I started running only after I had lost most of the weight, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Smile

Wow! Congratulations, that's amazing! Do you use PP or old points? 

I'm also doing WW and running.  

It works if you want it to.  I lost 45 pounds.  Hubby has lost 90 so far, has 15 to go.  We just did the on-line version, with Points Plus, since it's hard for us to get out of the house.  We run on a treadmill.  As has been said many times before, weight loss happens in the kitchen.  A healthy calorie reduction takes it off, and the running makes us feel great.  It's so so so worth the sacrifice.

Coastal

I have been doing weight watchers for a few years now, and have lost 110 pounds or so.  Or so means it depends on my weekly weigh in.  Smile  Right now I'm doing maintenance with the online version.  When I enter running, WW lists anything faster than a 12 minute mile as two points every ten minutes.

It works if you do it.  I run for the activity points, and earned 99 last week.  However, with Turkey day I ended up using a bunch of them.

Any diet program can have an impact on running long.  Back when I was doing a marathon program I found I really had to do mid run fueling on long runs and recovery was an issue.  My group leader had said that activity points had to be used the day earned, or they were lost, so I wasn't able to save them to use pre-long run or post long run.  Now that I know better I've found  using the activity points helps with going the distance and with recovery.

Supersono99

how many mpw do you run to earn 99 AP in one week?!

Depends on how much you weigh and how fast you run since WW bases activity points on time not distance, and as you lose weight you get fewer activity points for the same duration of activity.  For me, I'd have to run ~65 miles/wk to get to 99 points.  If you're faster and/or thinner than I am you'd have to run more than that, but if you're heavier and/or slower then you could run somewhat less.

MonkeyBunny

I just created a forum called Weight Watchers on RunningAHEAD.  Please join!

Houston Marathon 1-13-13

Rock n Roll St. Pete Half 2-10-13

Gasparilla 15K 2-23-13

Armadillo 10K 3-9-13

Ogden Marathon 5-18-13

Steamtown?

Baystate?

The Goal:  Boston Marathon 4-20-15

xor

The existing weight loss group.  (about 100 members)

The existing weight loss dailies group.  (about 25 members)

I dunno if either are high or low traffic.

MonkeyBunny

Weight Watchers is fairly specific so I thought it made sense to create a separate forum.  People can go off and do Paleo or ketogenic or whatever but personally I find it helpful to work with people who know the WW program.

Houston Marathon 1-13-13

Rock n Roll St. Pete Half 2-10-13

Gasparilla 15K 2-23-13

Armadillo 10K 3-9-13

Ogden Marathon 5-18-13

Steamtown?

Baystate?

The Goal:  Boston Marathon 4-20-15

xor

Do whatever you wish, that's fine.

I linked those two groups just in case people in this thread wanted to uncover more folks working through the whole running+weight loss journey.

Plus, you might find folks in there who are interested in WW and might want to join your new group.