The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Agreed ------^

As to who's watching from the woods... my bet... Merle. 

Yes, I hope it's Merle.  I thought the Talking Dead guys said something about him being in an upcoming episode, too.  I need to go watch the previews for next week.

I think you guys are right about Herschel's response to reviving, too.  That makes sense.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I just wanted to share my joy from yesterday.  I had the house to myself for an entire afternoon. 

Guess what I did?  ( in between loads, and loads of folding laundry ?)    Yup, I watched 4 eposoides of the Walking Dead!   I'm almost done with season 2.       I just watched the one where Dale got it.    What an awesome eposoide, btw.   

God, I love this show!!!!

- Anya

12-week layoff

I have a TV mounted in front of my dreamill to help make the runs bearable during the 9 months of the year that it's just too hot to run outside dow here.  I saw the show on Netflix a couple of weeks ago...wow!  I finally caught up, and let me just say that hearing the moaning and lurching of zombies in my headphones certainly helped keep my heart rate up.  I only allow myself to watch TV my kid can't watch on the treadmill, and TWD has made my Monday run more than tolerable. 

I'm not sure who was in the woods...but I do think the adults should recognize that Carl has grown up significantly, and can kick some major ass.  Quit treating him like a kid, already.

jeffdonahue

I'm not sure who was in the woods...but I do think the adults should recognize that Carl has grown up significantly, and can kick some major ass.  Quit treating him like a kid, already.

One, he is their kid.  I dont think any parent would want their kid going off alone in that world.

Second, in TWD it's just stupid for anybody (adult or child) to go off wandering through a strange prison loaded with walkers alone.  Rick is always talking about them staying as a group and holding formation.  There's a reason for that.  Plus, given that they hadn't found the infirmary yet, I can only imagine it was in a separate section of the prison and Carl had the keys to unlock it.  What if he had gotten eaten and left the door unlocked - Lori and the others could have been swarmed before they knew what was coming.

Granted, I am a bit biased because I really dont like Carl - I think he's an idiot who doesnt think.  I'm actually happy that Lori and Rick seem to actually be parenting him a bit.  Maybe he has grown up, but the amount of crap he caused in previous seasons has given me a bad taste in my mouth and I'd probably be ok fi they offed him this season.  But for the shows sake, they keep him around because I think they need a kid in the group.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Has anyone else wondered where they're getting water, now?  Out in BFE the homes likely all had wells--no power, no pump.  Is the prison likely on public water?  We watched "The Road" a couple of weeks ago and in the first minute or two of the movie he's filling the tub with water before the power goes out.  Ever since then I've been paying closer attention to how TWD folks are coming by hydration.  The guys locked in the cafeteria must have had some source of water, but I wish that would be noted in some way--it really seems like me sort of an essential detail.

~ Sarah Kay

12-week layoff

Hershal mentioned digging a ditch from the water source seen in the last episode of season 2 to the prison.  I don't think they have had time for that yet, but they did show that the prison is near a water source, so I'm making an assumption that someone is making water runs.  Maybe Carl. 

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Has anyone else wondered where they're getting water, now? 

I often wonder about stuff like this, too, but the reality is that TWD is not too concerned with the mechanics of a post-apoclyptic world -- the focus is on the people and how they handle the situation.  

This is probably a good thing, as it makes for more compelling stories, but I do think that they shouldn't completely ignore the technical challenges either -- it can make for great storytelling if done well (See BSG and water).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jeffdonahue

I actually think they've covered it significantly well through the series.  When they were outside Atlanta, they were right by a quarry (where they fished and Shane beat the crap out of Carol's husband).

Once on Hershel's farm they noted that there were several wells that they used (including the one with the beg fat zombie that exploded into it).

And they did mention at some point at the prison that they could dig some sort of drainage to get water past the fence and into the prison.  Not sure what the prisoners that were stuck in there did, I can only imagine their hydration came from soda or some other canned drink for the 9 months they were stuck in there.

I'm thinking that if I can suspend my belief a bit and accept the premise of a zombie apocalypse, I can accept that they found water. Smile

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I actually think they've covered it significantly well through the series.  When they were outside Atlanta, they were right by a quarry (where they fished and Shane beat the crap out of Carol's husband).

Once on Hershel's farm they noted that there were several wells that they used (including the one with the beg fat zombie that exploded into it).

And they did mention at some point at the prison that they could dig some sort of drainage to get water past the fence and into the prison.  Not sure what the prisoners that were stuck in there did, I can only imagine their hydration came from soda or some other canned drink for the 9 months they were stuck in there.

I think you make a good point that they've made mention of these items, probably enough to suspend disbelief (of the water thing, not the zombies).  But they haven't made very many (if any) storylines that actually revolve around food/water.  Which is probably fine.  In an abandoned world, there would be plenty left behind if you were patient and careful looking for it. 

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the thing that has me wondering about the water is that I also wonder about time frame.  I think we're to believe that the events are happening pretty much in real time (given attention to seasons and aging of Carl).  I'm sort of surprised that we see so much emphasis on food, but not on water.  Do we ever really see them drinking--or have we this season?  I'm not sure why I noticed this, but I think maybe the lack of running water or a visible well in the prison made me think of it--they were always having sit down dinners with some beverage while on Herschel's farm.  I guess we have to assume they're drinking at some point, or they'd all be dead.

~ Sarah Kay

lagwagon

After complaining last season about the dearth of zombie related violence, I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with this season so far.  Some good action, and dialing back the drama a bit.  I hope it stays on this trajectory, and that it doesn't become too much like when the Lost crew met "the others" and it became infinite recursions of still unexplained subplot after subplot!

As far as drinking, I know I'd be doing it heavily if I were in their shoes.  Water is for fish... 

Oh, and I cant wait to see the slick moves Carl puts on Beth this season.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As far as drinking, I know I'd be doing it heavily if I were in their shoes.  Water is for fish... 

Oh, and I cant wait to see the slick moves Carl puts on Beth this season.

They really should build a still, or something... Tongue

That Carl/Beth thing is creepy.  Mostly because they are both creepy by themselves...add in that age difference and ewwww....

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

They really should build a still, or something... Tongue

They're in the deep South -- no need to build when they can find one in every other backyard.

As far as timeframe, one of the prisoners mentioned something about 10 months, so I think that was tossed out to give the audience a reference point.  They're through the winter, maybe March or April, which means the whole thing started the previous May or June.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They're in the deep South -- no need to build when they can find one in every other backyard.

As far as timeframe, one of the prisoners mentioned something about 10 months, so I think that was tossed out to give the audience a reference point.  They're through the winter, maybe March or April, which means the whole thing started the previous May or June.

For some reason I thought they had already been through a Winter, but maybe not.  We know there was a gap between seasons 2 and 3, but now that I think of it, season 2 pretty much picked-up right where 1 left off, didn't it.

Gah, it seems so long ago, already!

~ Sarah Kay