Monkey shenanigans (Read 2100 times)

xor

This is the "look what I can do" area, so I will post something I did.  But then I will post something that someone else did which is SOOOO much cooler.

Flying Monkey Marathon: I conducted a small experiment known as the Monkey S-face Relay.  This involved 1) running the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, 2) drinking a beer, 3) going back out on the course, 4) running someone in, and 5) repeating from #2.

I know that some folks find it annoying when someone goes back out onto a race course after finishing.  If you are one of these people, sorry.  I did not do it to irritate you. Alas, in this first year experiment, I didn't do it quite right.  After finishing the monkey (9 minutes slower than my goal, and 4 minutes slower than crotch monkey hardware), I drank a coke.  Beer wasn't open yet.  Then I ran someone in.  Then I made up for it by drinking several beers and lingering. Then I ran someone in.  32ish miles overall.  If I do this again, I might drink less and run more.  I dunno.

BUT HERE IS THE COOL PART...

Someone else from these parts also ran the Flying Monkey Marathon.  However, before that... this person ran the monkey by herself in the middle of the night.  That first part in the middle of the night is known as Dark Monkey.  She finished Dark Monkey a little bit before the start of real Monkey... which she turned around and ran too.

That would be The Double Monkey.

Something taunted and threatened for years but never accomplished (that I know of).  Until now.

Congratulations to WrigleyGirl for Dark Monkey and Double Monkey.

I'm sure this has been discussed in the swamp, but I don't go into the swamp.  I do understand coolness and greatness... and that right there is both.

That is cool. Thank you for posting.

The swamp is unnaturally quiet right now. Perhaps all of the others are sleeping it off?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Slo

I've heard about Wrigly Girl. She won our local clubs 24hr race this year. And not by just a little bit.

Nice Job WriglyGirl.

How many beers.....er...people did you run in srl ?

MTA:

Holy Crap......I just went back and checked the results....123+ miles......she blew everybody away. 1 mile off of the overall record and in less than favorable conditions.

Who the hell is WrigleyGirl?

Runners run

Does she have a twin?

A Saucy Wench

Who the hell is Mikeymike?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

Flying Monkey Marathon: I conducted a small experiment known as the Monkey S-face Relay.  This involved 1) running the Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, 2) drinking a beer, 3) going back out on the course, 4) running someone in, and 5) repeating from #2.

Bluto sez...from now on your Monkey name will be 'Border Collie'.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

A Saucy Wench

I would have enjoyed MSFR more if I had a beer first.  But I still enjoyed it.  I am guessing the woman on the horse might have enjoyed it less if I had beer first.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

This is the "look what I can do" area, so I will post something I did.  But then I will post something that someone else did which is SOOOO much cooler.

I know that some folks find it annoying when someone goes back out onto a race course after finishing.  If you are one of these people, sorry.  I did not do it to irritate you. Alas, in this first year experiment, I didn't do it quite right.  After finishing the monkey (9 minutes slower than my goal, and 4 minutes slower than crotch monkey hardware), I drank a coke.  Beer wasn't open yet.  Then I ran someone in.  Then I made up for it by drinking several beers and lingering. Then I ran someone in.  32ish miles overall.  If I do this again, I might drink less and run more.  I dunno.

BUT HERE IS THE COOL PART...

Someone else from these parts also ran the Flying Monkey Marathon.  However, before that... this person ran the monkey by herself in the middle of the night.  That first part in the middle of the night is known as Dark Monkey.  She finished Dark Monkey a little bit before the start of real Monkey... which she turned around and ran too.

That would be The Double Monkey.

Something taunted and threatened for years but never accomplished (that I know of).  Until now.

Congratulations to WrigleyGirl for Dark Monkey and Double Monkey.

I'm sure this has been discussed in the swamp, but I don't go into the swamp.  I do understand coolness and greatness... and that right there is both.

Kudos WrigleyGirl!

Definitely, SrLopez, too, but you're the one who juxtaposed your relay with a Dark and Double monkey. Smile

Who the hell is Mikeymike?

I see your point.

Runners run

Kudos to WrigleyGirl -- that was impressive.

I tried doing this, albeit without running HHFMM beforehand.  But I didn't know too many people there (well, I really didn't know anyone there), so my attempts to find someone who wanted my company looked kind of like the Night At The Roxbury guys trying to find a dance partner:

And yeah, I probably would've gone with that idiom and pelvic-slam-danced anyone who said yes ... so maybe it's best I was turned down.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

Awwww Clive!  You made lots of new friends!  DirtyGraceFlint seal of approval!

As for this...

>> Definitely, SrLopez, too, but you're the one who juxtaposed your relay with a Dark and Double monkey.

Yes, yes.  Intentionally so.  Double Dutch Dark Monkey is much more impressive.  I agree.  Anyone can drink beer and run a little.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Running is stupid.

xor

But running is fun.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Running 26 miles on pavement is stupid. Running 52 miles on pavement is .... beyond words.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.