13.1, 26.2, 70.3, 140.6 Magnets (Read 4138 times)

ya know people seeing "50" inside a white oval just might in fact actually think you are claiming to have eaten 50 eggs.  competitive eating is far more popular in America than ultra races after all. 

NBC had track and field championships on the schedule recently and locally it was pre-empted for infomercials.  All 12 of us track fans in the metro area complained to the NBC affiliate.  They laughed at us.   

can I order my hoverchair yet or are those not due out until 2012?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

ya know people seeing "50" inside a white oval just might in fact actually think you are claiming to have eaten 50 eggs.

NBC had track and field championships on the schedule recently and locally it was pre-empted for infomercials.  All 12 of us track fans in the metro area complained to the NBC affiliate.  They laughed at us.   

It's too bad you don't have 50 track fans. Because then you could all stand in an oval, and take a photo, and have a cool 50 sticker.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

bottdb

I have had magnets disappear after going through a car wash.  Maybe no one is to blame.  Smile

except the really wet guy with crazy hair and a handful of magnets. 

Awesome....I laughed

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Yeah, I want a 26.37 magnet.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Don't blame him because he has high iron and his hair attracts magnets.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Why do you want magnets on your car?

Why do you want magnets on your car?

It's like a tattoo, except it doesn't hurt as much, it's temporary, and you can upgrade as you achieve higher status.

It's a form of vanity in our present day culture.

(I'm new enough to the sport and the game that I choose to display it).

Seeing that you're from the UK, though, do you have 26.2 magnets or tattoo's, or do they show 42.x?  Curious, as I don't think about the metric conversion often.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Purdey

Self anointed title

In the UK we describe marathons as being 26.2 miles. The rest of Europe uses kilometres. We like to think that we are different. I have never seen a 26.2 car sticker/magnet or tattoo. I have, however, seen plenty of Ironman tattoos. They are going to look really cool when the person gives up the sport and gets wrinkley and fat.

Imminent Catastrophe

I used to have a 42.2 sticker that I got at the Tiberias Marathon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Slice

I'm not entirely convinced there isn't some sort of conspiracy against us active folks... your magnets, my sweaty shirt and water bottle from a trail, my friend's bike rack - Gone! All in the past month or so. Since the number of obese Americans is rising, maybe there's a movement to make us join them?? Pretty sneaky of them to plant a guy inside the car wash!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

blue6061

Why would one steal a magnetic number?

As a minor anarchist, I can tell you.  It's great fun to take magnets from cars.  It doesn't matter if they are race magnets, peace signs, ribbon loops, paw-prints, company logos, etc.  Even if I can't see the reactions of the owners, it's nice to imagine how they will react.  It's great to put the magnets on another car or if there are two cars with magnets, swap them.  I bet that the people who lose their magnets and the recipients of them don't even notice immediately.

I hope that answers your question.

By the way, I think you're overanalyzing the situation.  So your car stops at the office, home, and the gym.  Don't you ever park anywhere else?  What about grocery stores, restaurants, cinemas, parks, etc?  Anarchists go to all of those places, too.

Why would one steal a magnetic number?

As a minor anarchist, I can tell you.  It's great fun to take magnets from cars.  It doesn't matter if they are race magnets, peace signs, ribbon loops, paw-prints, company logos, etc.  Even if I can't see the reactions of the owners, it's nice to imagine how they will react.  It's great to put the magnets on another car or if there are two cars with magnets, swap them.  I bet that the people who lose their magnets and the recipients of them don't even notice immediately.

I hope that answers your question.

By the way, I think you're overanalyzing the situation.  So your car stops at the office, home, and the gym.  Don't you ever park anywhere else?  What about grocery stores, restaurants, cinemas, parks, etc?  Anarchists go to all of those places, too.

I still haven't found them.

But, I've graduated from temporary magnets to the real M-Dot tattoo.  You can't steal that!

But, to answer your "stop other places" comment.  No, actually, it's my commuter car, and it doesn't stop other places.  When my wife and I drive anywhere, it's in her vehicle.  So, yes, it's either a colleague, a gym rat, or a neighbor.  You're not that crazy next door neighbor that I don't trust who keeps cutting a strip of grass on my lawn just because it annoys me, are you? ugh! Smile

Thank you for reminding me about this thread.  It was great to be reminded of this.

Cheers,
                              Brian 

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

Thank you for reanimating a thread from 2011 to play Scare Daddy regarding ANARCHY!

MY GOD, THEY ARE STEALING... MAGNETS.