Body Glide (Read 1485 times)

I just recently bought a new tube of the regular Body Glide.  I'd been off running for knee issues for quite a while.  Has anyone noticed that it just doesn't work as well as it used to, don't know if they changed the formula or not.  But on a 3.5 mile run, I shouldn't have chafe marks when I use it.  What else is there that I can try?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

xor

The word on the street (though never proven) is that they changed formulation some time back.  A couple years perhaps?  I definitely notice that it stinks WAY more than it used to... and it stains my clothes pretty badly too.  Maybe my body chemistry changed, not sure.  It still works for me though... haven't had the issues you had.

Here's another choice which I like better because it smells less weird and hasn't stained my stuff so far.

I don't think they tried super hard on their name, but hey, it is what it says it is.

xor

This is the very popular non-BG pick:

jeffdonahue

+1 for this one - works really well.  My only problem with it that being a roll-on it can be hard to tell when you are almost out of it.  At least with Bodyglide, you can easily see when you're getting to teh end of the stick. 

Switched from body glide to this a couple of years ago.

Get off my porch

xor

I get little packages of udderly smooth at races all the time.  It never occurred to me to try it pre-run.  Hmmm.  I will give it a shot.

Also: aquaphor.   I get lots of tiny tubes of it at races.  Some folks use it pre-run, but it doesn't work so great for me.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

+1 for this one - works really well.  My only problem with it that being a roll-on it can be hard to tell when you are almost out of it.  At least with Bodyglide, you can easily see when you're getting to teh end of the stick. 

Although a container of the stuff lasts a really long time.  Body Glide never lasted nearly as long, cost just as much, and tended to crumble off the stick once it got down to maybe 1/3 of the product left.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Although a container of the stuff lasts a really long time.  Body Glide never lasted nearly as long, cost just as much, and tended to crumble off the stick once it got down to maybe 1/3 of the product left.

Yep, what she said. And it works better for me...I used bg for a half in Vegas and was very sorry I didn't have my sport shield instead.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Imminent Catastrophe

Annnnnd another vote for this. Roll-on or TSA-friendly towelettes. Nothing better.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, what she said. And it works better for me...I used bg for a half in Vegas and was very sorry I didn't have my sport shield instead.

Heh, should I post photos of the evidence..? Evil

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Heh, should I post photos of the evidence..? Evil

Don't do that.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Don't do that.

I didn't shit myself or anything! ....and while the photo is funny, it is not flattering! Haha!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I didn't shit myself or anything! ....and while the photo is funny, it is not flattering! Haha!

But it still always makes me laugh...not as much as banana phone, though.

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Banana phone is classic Smile

Banana phone is classic Smile

Helllllllo?!