More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

spinach

I once ran a mile race that was along a perfectly straight road, so there were no nonzero angles there.  Does that race count?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I once ran a mile race that was along a perfectly straight road, so there were no nonzero angles there.  Does that race count?

Did you run on a masking tape line?

TripleBock

I think 2 different categories

1)  Biggest spread between miles and temp

2)  Lowest temp with a certain miminum miles ran (I am not picking the minimum)

Depends on how you score, I'd think. Those of us with 100s under our belt have a big advantage if it's miles - degrees.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

ultramarathon/triathlete

I think 2 different categories

1)  Biggest spread between miles and temp

2)  Lowest temp with a certain minimum miles run (I am not picking the minimum)

For me it's only really been one run (race) that qualifies:

1)  25.2 points (1 degree F and marathon)

2) 1 degree F  for 26.2 miles  (though probably toward the end the temp had risen)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

spinach

Actually my favorite measurement is to run the lowest product of distance times temperature.

My best was 14 miles at -11°F or a product of -154 miles °F

ultramarathon/triathlete

Actually my favorite measurement is to run the lowest product of distance times temperature.

-154 points = so far, you're not winning  :-P

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
              Gatorade Endurance Team

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Every mile was a point this morning.  0F, 6.5 miles.

I think I overdressed by a layer; I was pretty sweaty on top.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Ten mile run at 5 degrees at the start, although I forgot to check the temp when I got home.  I ran through the woods trail and scared the crap out of a coyote hunter because I came up behind him and he didn't hear me until I was right on him.  I had a really impressive set of eyelash icicles at that point.  He did a double take when I said good morning to him. Smile

Leah, mother of dogs

joescott

7 > 4.

Coyote hunter out on a 5 deg. morning is a hardcore dude!  I'd much rather be *moving*, i.e., running, if I'm outside on a 5 degree morning than sitting still with a rifle freezing my arse off!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

TripleBock

So running 1 mile @ -1F would be considered better  running 100 miles at 1F ... definately some flaw in that view

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

BrooksRunner87

Just did an easy 2 miles in -6.5 * F. I was very warm but ended up running it a little harder than I wanted to which made it kind of hard to breathe with the cold air.

Mysecondnewname

12 > 4  (-7 windchill)

Hobie1

5 at -6 F this morning.  My record is 12 at -18F.  That was not a good run.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran 8 miles this morning in 5° ambient weather. I enjoyed tromping through the extensive 6 inch deep snow, Sliding around on bits of ice, and putting my head down against 25 mph wind gusts. Running around Washington DC monuments on a day like this around sunrise was just fantastic.

Run Wild

8 miles on snow covered trail.  It was -7F when I finished, no idea about windchill.