Gmap and Hills (Read 916 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, so the Math is making my head hurt...eyes glaze over. If Google Maps doesn't take elevation into account, then does this mean that my freakishly fast (for me) 1 mile of hills yesterday is even more than a mile and even more freakishly fast (for me)? Am I understanding this right? Sheesh, I should just run all hills, all the time. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You should run hills all the time. However. The effect of hills on your total distance, according to the math, is miniscule. The effect of hills on your total distance, according to my opinion, is less than the effect of GPS or mapping imprecision.

Why is it sideways?

Don't listen to Trent. And, thanks for the dissertation ideas. How's this sound for a title: Foucault's Panopticon and the Myth of the Teacher: Rethinking the Site of Educational Authority
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You should run hills all the time.
          But should I run ALL hills all the time. I wish there were a race of just hills. I could maybe even place in that, just so long as it was kinda short. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I know a race of hills. It is in November. There are a lot of hills on it...
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know a race of hills. It is in November. There are a lot of hills on it...
              Too long (maybe in a few years...after I've done some "easy" marathons). Ever think of adding a half? I'd definitely consider that seriously! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have thought of a half. But we monkeys are a bunch of elitist boobs, so NO HALF. Main Drive is a lovely 11.2 mile run... One day we may turn that into a race. It used to be such. You can certainly do a full. Its all in your mind.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You can certainly do a full. Its all in your mind.
                  Oh, I know I can...and definitely plan to...next year. Once my son is in school full days it will be much easier to fit the long runs into my schedule. Right now I'm thinking 16 miles or so will likely take me about 3 hours, so I'd need 4 hours free to get long runs in before a marathon effort. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay