More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This thread has lain dormant for a year, so it's time to revive it.  Zero F this morning.  Now, I'm on rehab for tendonitis, and not supposed to be running at all, but I couldn't pass it up, and ran 100 yards.  Technically, that qualifies me, right?

Another first:  Using the word "lain".

For another thread:  Why the malady is supposed to be spelled "tendinitis" rather than "tendonitis".   I can't bring myself to use the former spelling.

Zero degrees, seven miles on a snowmobile trail.  Saw one grouse, lots of coyote tracks, and zero snowmobiles. 

Does it qualify if the wind chill was below zero?  It was ten degrees with a wind chill of 10 below and 3 inches of fresh snow.   I ran just over 4 miles.  We saw three herds of deer on the trail.  Actually almost ran into the second herd.  Had to stop to keep from getting to close.  We were within 5 feet when we saw them ( two trails came together) and they just were standing there looking at us!  Kinda of weird, thought they would take off when they saw/heard us but they didn't.  Awesome sight!  Was able to click a few pics with my cell phone.

Half Fanatic #846

... ran 100 yards.  Technically, that qualifies me, right?

Another first:  Using the word "lain".

Were your running clothes lain out the night before? Did you hydrate properly? Did you run slowly to protect your injury? Have you logged your run yet? Were you dressed appropriately? Did you make a fashion statement?  There's a lot more to club membership than just paying dues! Wink

I can't join the club unless I turn to ultra running - it's 53F where I am.

MTA: Hope the rehab goes well - be careful!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

BeeRunB

Wow, I just checked the temp---35° here in atlanta--I could have beaten that if I had known--I've had an unplanned recovery week. It would be a real challenge to execute the "more miles than degrees" in the summer here.

--Jimmy

About 8 degrees and windy this morning. Got in 18 with a friend. I was expecting it to feel colder than it was. However. at one point my friend said I had a snotcicle. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Boy, I'm jealous of y'all with your pristine runs and wildlife.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Were your running clothes lain out the night before? Did you hydrate properly? Did you run slowly to protect your injury? Have you logged your run yet? Were you dressed appropriately? Did you make a fashion statement?  There's a lot more to club membership than just paying dues! Wink

I can't join the club unless I turn to ultra running - it's 53F where I am.

MTA: Hope the rehab goes well - be careful!

I need you to be my running nanny.  I flunk everything except running slowly to protect my injury.  Can I be a provisional member until I can run for real?

The tiny run didn't feel too bad, and I'm hoping to resume some real running in a week.  Watch, it'll probably be 70F then. Sad

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6:30 am 20 F real feel 9 F 8:30 am 23 F real feel 23 F 11 miles. I am counting it!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Three and a half miles at 3F this morning qualifies me for the more miles than degrees club. The entrance requirements are simple: Run more miles than the current temperature in degrees Fahrenheit and you are in like Flynn. Any run at temps below 0F indicates a definite level of insanity and automatic entry. Wind chill makes for interesting conversation but doesn't count toward membership. Stay safe out there. Tom

Clay, from original post. Sorry but windchill doesn't count just ambient temps do. You should have ran at least 9 miles more.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Clay, from original post. Sorry but windchill doesn't count just ambient temps do. You should have ran at least 9 miles more.

Guess I should have run the Mercedes marathon today.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

jpdeaux

Just realized that a bunch of us on RA did this back on November 5th, 2011.

High temperature for the day, according to wunderground.com, was 48°.

Most of the day was much cooler than that though.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Does Wind-chill count?

30F, 21F with wind-chill: 22.5mi.

#RageAgainstTheWind

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Does Wind-chill count?

30F, 21F with wind-chill: 22.5mi.

#RageAgainstTheWind

Bah, just read up.  NVM!

#MovesToColderClimate

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just realized that a bunch of us on RA did this back on November 5th, 2011.

High temperature for the day, according to wunderground.com, was 48°.

Most of the day was much cooler than that though.

Yeah, that reminds me. I did a 50m on a 40 degree day Smile