3 years running and 39 races later (Read 1038 times)

Running on the ocean

I'm usually not a guy who likes to stand in the spotlight because I believe I've done nothing extraordinary seeing other people perform. However, the "Look What I Can Do!" title got my attention and I thought Why Not! First off I'm a computer programmer who's sitting on his butt 8 hours a day for work and another few hours for personal stuff. Plus, during my school years I hated running. However, in April 05, for unknown reasons, I thought it would be cool to go for a run. So I did. Keep in mind that I have not done any kind of sports whatsoever for over 20 years. My 5'10" body was 195 pounds heavy, I had a beer gut and almost 30% of body fat. Since that day the numbers dropped to 170 pounds and about 10% body fat. I've logged almost 2'400 miles, ran 39 races so far including 15 marathons, seven 31 miler, three 50 miler, one 62 miler and one 100 miler. And I have three more 100 milers to go this year. I ran my first half marathon 2 months after starting running and my first marathon 1.5 months after that. 3.5 months later I finished the JFK 50 mile race and 10 months after than my first 100 miler. What can I say: Running's finally fun LOL

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
    -- Jakob Herrmann
    my running achievements

Keep the passion alive! Big grin

Vim

My legs are killing me

That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Great job!

Running on the ocean

Thank you modal and sully702. March will be interesting. I'll be doing the Los Angeles marathon on the 2nd, the Way Too Cool 31 miles on the 8th and the Coyote 2 Moon 100 miler on the 21st. I cannot wait...

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
          -- Jakob Herrmann
          my running achievements

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Since that day the numbers dropped to 170 pounds and about 10% body fat. I've logged almost 2'400 miles, ran 39 races so far including 15 marathons, seven 31 miler, three 50 miler, one 62 miler and one 100 miler. And I have three more 100 milers to go this year. I ran my first half marathon 2 months after starting running and my first marathon 1.5 months after that. 3.5 months later I finished the JFK 50 mile race and 10 months after than my first 100 miler.
            I am in awe. That is amazing!

Another Passion

I'd say all that is noteworthy and worth bragging about here in "Look What I Can Do" Ultra! Keep up the fine work and, good luck in March!! Shocked If it weren't for threads like this, some folks would never begin to dream of what they may be capable of, myself included. Wink

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Dude.................................. 26.2 for starters and then a 100 miler.... DUDE! Dead Best on those! The beer gut looks like it's paying off now Wink

Vim

Running on the ocean

Thanks seeEricaRun, rvelich and modal.
                  I am in awe. That is amazing!
                  I'm in awe with your monthly training milage. I'm happy when I log 80 training miles a month. It's inspiring to me making me wanna go run right now.
                  Dude.................................. 26.2 for starters and then a 100 miler.... DUDE! Dead Best on those!
                  Good luck on your 02-23 Cowtown Marathon.
                  If it weren't for threads like this, some folks would never begin to dream of what they may be capable of, myself included. Wink
                  I agree. When I get lazy I always search the Internet for inspiring stories and there are a lot of those Big grin

-- Jakob Herrmann
                  my running achievements

Into the wild

Excellent stats Jakob, tell me, you did a heck of a lot of races in my opinion...were they for motivation or are you very competitive? Good luck with your next events; March 2008 looks formidable; I look for forward with anticipation to reading race reports in all 3 events ..... You'll be an ultra report writer by the end of that month Wink Happy trails.

Shut up and run