Mac/Safari/Garmin/Motion Based peeps, question... (Read 800 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So what's this issue that Motion Based has with Safari 3.0...? I'm a noob to the Garmin and MB, but when I was downloading the Mac/Safari plug-in I read that many people have problems with MB and the latest version of Safari--what sort of problems? I'm attempting my first upload and it makes a cute little chirping noise when I click the upload button, the status bar quickly goes blue, but then it doesn't seem to do anything after a very long wait. Is that the issue? I REALLY like Safari 3.0 and am not sure I want to go back to 2.0...3.0 works so much better--especially with RA. I may just manually enter my Garmin entries in RA and say nuts on MB for now...at least until MB and Safari can learn to play nice. Besides...won't be too much longer and we'll have our very own Garmin integration here, anyhow. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have Safari 3.0 (well, I did until my HD crashed, sheesh). There is a new upload agent that allows you to upload to Safari 3.0 or to Firefox. Works great, better than the old Mac upload agent.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Where do you find the new agent? I just uploaded the 1.25 or whatever the default was when I went to the plug-in uploader wiki page. k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I forgot, MB just took me there. Since my computer is crashed out, I cannot go look. I should be able to see it midweek. Provided they can get me a new HD.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Trent, thanks...I checked the forums and found it. MB would be smart to make the solution more obvious to Mac users. k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

(well, I did until my HD crashed, sheesh). T wait... i thought macs are indestructible ?
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Macs are indestructable. It was the danged Hitachi HD that was in it. Why Apple uses Hitachi HDs is beyond me...
                  I have Safari 3.0 (well, I did until my HD crashed, sheesh). There is a new upload agent that allows you to upload to Safari 3.0 or to Firefox. Works great, better than the old Mac upload agent.
                  I downloaded this new "Garmin Communicator" and it is taking FOREVER to upload my activities to motionbased. Anybody else having a similar problem / know what's wrong? I left it uploading / processing for about 30 minutes and it finally managed to put my activities in my inbox. This used to take about 30 seconds with Safari 2.

sean

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I downloaded this new "Garmin Communicator" and it is taking FOREVER to upload my activities to motionbased. Anybody else having a similar problem / know what's wrong? I left it uploading / processing for about 30 minutes and it finally managed to put my activities in my inbox. This used to take about 30 seconds with Safari 2.
                    That's what it was doing with Safari 3.0 before I downloaded Communicator. I've only done one upload, but it was quick.

~ Sarah Kay