First ever Family 5K ! (Read 875 times)

Prophet!

Did our first family 5K last Sunday at the Niketown 5K Honolulu...me my wife and our 1 1/2 year old son Miles...she was pushing the stroller (much better runner than me) and the pace ... had to keep up with her...started at the very back of the race (came late) so had to weave in and out...our chip time was 28 minutes 12 seconds..which is my best time for a 5K ... We'll try to better the mark at the Race For the Cure 5K in 2 weeks...
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, and pushing a stroller?! Awesome! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Did our first family 5K last Sunday at the Niketown 5K Honolulu...me my wife and our 1 1/2 year old son Miles......
        Just awesome! There are few things better than seeing whole families participate. And for what it's worth, there have been about a thousand studies proving that doing stuff like that with your kid will make them roughly 1.2 zillion times more likely to be fit and athletic when they grow up. Pretty cool all around!
        she was pushing the stroller (much better runner than me) and the pace ... had to keep up with her...started at the very back of the race (came late) so had to weave in and out...our chip time was 28 minutes 12 seconds..which is my best time for a 5K ... We'll try to better the mark at the Race For the Cure 5K in 2 weeks...
        And wow! A PR with the family in tow. Now that's impressive. (insert clapping icon here) (Psst. Hey. Powers that be: we need more icons around here)

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

Cool race! You should start at the very back more often! Wink Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...