Splits? (Read 850 times)

Just did a search (thanks for adding this feature btw), couldn't find anyone in the first couple pages requesting this so I'll do it. Can we have a field to record splits in our running logs? It would be a good idea to separate them using spaces. I'd also like a way to do some graph analysis on this data too. Thanks!

booyaa.org - what's he running from?

You can use the intervals section to record splits, but I don't think you can currently graph them separately.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

man that's a manually intensive way to do it, but thanks for the heads up.

booyaa.org - what's he running from?

Hrm, I'm not sure what's manually intensive about it. Confused All you need to enter is the distance and the time. How would you make it simpler?

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

eric :)

booyaa, let me know how to modify the intervals data entry to make it easier. This is the most straight forward way of doing it, but may not be the most intuitive. As for analysis, I haven't figured out how to modify the current graph form to include interval data. When I'm done with GPS import and possibly training schedule, I'll work on this.

who knows...

Would it be possible to add "laps/splits" as another category to the drop-down box under the intervals section? That way, one can record 'non-interval' splits (say on a tempo or long run)...perhaps one may then be able to graph splits and intervals separately.
              "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin
              eric :)

SprTb, This is something that I will be adding when I revamp the log. The log code is the oldest part of the site, and it's due for a rewrite. I don't have a specific timeline though. eric Smile