whoa, Whoa, WHOA! Epic Finish at Bupa HM (Read 224 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thanks!  That was a great race

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Mekele?

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

kcam

Mekele?

What race you watching Parklife?  We saw Farahv vs Mekele.

Seriously, Farah made one of the great finishes ever.   To the untrained eye (mine) it looked like Bekele cut him off.  Still, Bekele responded and won the race.  Very, very exciting.

Not dead. Yet.

Thank you for posting that!   If Mo had started a few hundred feet earlier he might have won.

Wow!

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

For once, epic is not an exaggeration.  That was really amazing.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

bekele, bekele don't know why i copied the typo and then made some of my own!! My heart was pounding watching it!

billd935

Bekele won it on the downhill about 1k from the finish. Mo just couldn't make up for the gap that Bekele opened up going down. It was a good day for close finishes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9Z8RTuXv8.  Most interesting thing in the video is Allister stopping on the course to cheer on his brother.

Why is it sideways?

Great race. I think I am most impressed by Geb.

Mmmmm...beer

What race you watching Parklife?  We saw Farahv vs Mekele.

Seriously, Farah made one of the great finishes ever.   To the untrained eye (mine) it looked like Bekele cut him off.  Still, Bekele responded and won the race.  Very, very exciting.

I thought it looked like Bekele was blocking him as well, but I don't know what the etiquette/rules are at that level.  Great finish!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

I thought it looked like Bekele was blocking him as well, but I don't know what the etiquette/rules are at that level.  Great finish!

Geb has seen worse breaches of etiquette.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

catwhoorg

Labrat

Definitely a highlight of the road racing season.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Mysecondnewname

Judging from Mo's smile at the end, I don't think he considered Bekele's actions out of line.

I'm impressed they could attack like that at the end.

Mysecondnewname

Why would that dude punch Geb?  Did Geb do something to him earlier in the race or was it just frustration?

I think that punch took a few tenths off Geb's time time, haha. It looked like it gave a little boost, even if that wasn't the intent.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time