New to Running Ahead from RWOL start here (Read 1366 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Please go here to post, not in this thread.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/

Please go here to post, not in this thread.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/

Hey I am friendly and I say you can post here too and there. or everywhere if that is what your into.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

We are trying to keep chat in the group, not in the main forum. See the Dear Newcomers thread. Smile

This is the anything goes chat forum.

I will stick  to topics in the other forums but not this one.

amreiner

Reporter, runner, ref.

As one of the new RWOL transplants, I'd like to officially request permission to start a "Let me introduce myself!" thread, like the ones that were always met with warm welcomes and sincere enthusiasm on L&O and, later, NRR.

After making my initial post in the thread, I promise to answer questions such as "Do I like gladiator movies?" and "Do I wear thongs?"

(The answers are "yes" and "no," respectively, by the way.)

What do you say, my new Running Ahead friends?

Only two groups of people choose to go outside in this weather: smokers and runners. It's my job to make sure the runners are well represented.

We've already got one.  It's stickied at the top of the General Running forum. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Village people

As one of the new RWOL transplants, I'd like to officially request permission to start a "Let me introduce myself!" thread, like the ones that were always met with warm welcomes and sincere enthusiasm on L&O and, later, NRR.

After making my initial post in the thread, I promise to answer questions such as "Do I like gladiator movies?" and "Do I wear thongs?"

Check out the user groups, you will see a familiar looking place.

#artbydmcbride

Do it!   Big grin

Runners run

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Hi, amreiner! Cool

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Gravelrunner

Running blows

New to Running Ahead from RWOL

GO HERE

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

amreiner

Reporter, runner, ref.

Hi, amreiner! Cool

Well, hello there!

Only two groups of people choose to go outside in this weather: smokers and runners. It's my job to make sure the runners are well represented.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

We are trying to keep chat in the group, not in the main forum. See the Dear Newcomers thread. Smile

So we're not welcome in the main discussion forums?  Only in the designated user groups?

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

No, cookie...the thing is with our dailies threads and penguins threads and 50 gazillion other chat threads, we will disrupt the flow around here. Most RA folks navigate through the main forums using the recent topics list and we cluttered them up with all of our crap. Soooo...we need to keep that stuff in our little corner. That's all.
                            AutBatgirl

So we're not welcome in the main discussion forums?  Only in the designated user groups?

I believe it's preferred that the serious discussions take place in the forums, and the miscellaneous crap we spend our days responding to belong in the user groups. Personally, I like this setup. I do occasionally have a legitimate question or want to read other people's legitimate questions and if there's too many dailies and penguins and singles and so on, it can be easy to overlook.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.