Ack, scared the crap outta me! (Read 704 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just a few minutes ago I heard this sudden roaring noise that I thought was coming up from the basement. I quick jumped up and told Dane to grab his shoes (kid has no socks on) and run outside. I honestly thought it was either our water heater or furnace about to blow in the basement. As I ran to the back door to grab Dane's shoes I saw what was making the noise--one of those big leaf vaccuum trucks. I had never seen one in action before. Holy crap, my heart was racing. They really need to warn people before they do that. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

As I ran to the back door to grab Dane's shoes I saw what was making the noise--one of those big leaf vaccuum trucks. k
      Man, that really sucks. So, does this count as your speedwork for today?
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      Scout7

Well, coulda been worse, I guess. We had a garbage truck suffer a tire blowout in our parking lot at work. Sounded like explosives going off. My coworkers were giving me strange looks when I was under the desk already.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No kidding! I think my heart rate is not nearly that high during an all-out sprint! I wonder how many gray hairs (which I do not need any more of) that little episode earned me. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Whew. I thought you were going to tell us it was a tornado! Shocked (Can you tell I live in the south) Smile Robin

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whew. I thought you were going to tell us it was a tornado!
              Well, it kinda was, heh! I have heard that tornados sound like freight trains...that would certainly not be a welcome sound if one lives nowhere near railroad tracks. Have you seen any tornados in-person? They fascinate me...not enough to have any urge to chase them, but I like watching video of tornados. We sometimes will get small waterspouts around here, but don't get very many tornados right around here. We are much more prone to straight-line windstorms that can make a serious mess, though. k

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

We have the sirens go off a couple of times every summer, and 15 houses were damaged 4 miles from us in August. But, thankfully, I've never been close to one. My husband grew up in OK and he seems immune from the sirens, but I panic when I hear them.

Robin

Cryptic

The school i was in had the roof taken off when I was in it back in the day. We have had too many go through our area in the past 10 years if you ask me. Those have been much more dangerous than the one I was in. Tornado's suck.

You'll ruin your knees!

As I ran to the back door to grab Dane's shoes I saw what was making the noise--one of those big leaf vaccuum trucks. k
                    ...wow, that really sucks! Blush 8 Ball

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*laughs and smacks Lynn upside the noggin* Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

*laughs and smacks Lynn upside the noggin* Tongue k
                        Boy, she's pretty violent, Lynn. Might want to put a little more distance between you... like 117 miles? Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

You'll ruin your knees!

Boy, she's pretty violent, Lynn. Might want to put a little more distance between you... like 117 miles? Wink
                          ...s'ok, sometimes I really need a good smack! I knew it when I typed it, just couldn't help myself <[put's> ....oooowww! Lynn B Tongue Clowning around</[put's>

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)