Why did I stop getting better? (Read 463 times)

C-R

http://www.unionbrewingco.com/

All cask conditioned. You're welcome.

Oh yeah. Just reminded me I need to pay them a visit.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

What is the definition of "cask conditioned"?  Would anything you buy on tap at a brewpub be considered cask conditioned, or is there something more to the process than that?

C-R

What is the definition of "cask conditioned"?  Would anything you buy on tap at a brewpub be considered cask conditioned, or is there something more to the process than that?

There are others more expert than me but cask conditioned actually means the beer is in a wooden cask and it is drawn in an old fashioned pump handle that does not use CO2. Its very tasty but not very common in my neck of the woods. I think you can find more of this out east and in Europe. My guess is that Beer Advocate has some great write-ups on it.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cask_ale

Not at it at all. 

JimR

Now I want an Innis and Gunn

There are others more expert than me but cask conditioned actually means the beer is in a wooden cask and it is drawn in an old fashioned pump handle that does not use CO2. Its very tasty but not very common in my neck of the woods. I think you can find more of this out east and in Europe. My guess is that Beer Advocate has some great write-ups on it.

Thanks, that does sound tasty.  Maybe that's why the ale I had while I was in England tasted so much fresher and better than most of the stuff in the US.

Prince of Fatness

Thanks, that does sound tasty.  Maybe that's why the ale I had while I was in England tasted so much fresher and better than most of the stuff in the US.

If you have some microbreweries around your neck of the woods check there, especially if they have a pub.  Those places are the most common that I have found cask conditioned beer.  I am lucky enough to visit the Dogfish Head Brew Pub every now and then and they always have cask conditioned 75 Minute IPA.  Delicious.

Not at it at all. 

If you have some microbreweries around your neck of the woods check there, especially if they have a pub.  Those places are the most common that I have found cask conditioned beer.  I am lucky enough to visit the Dogfish Head Brew Pub every now and then and they always have cask conditioned 75 Minute IPA.  Delicious.

Looks like there are a number of places that have cask conditioned beer in NYC, which is not far from me.  Can't wait to try some.

--- I'm just looking at this thread for the first time, and comparing the title "Why am I not getting faster", to these page 7 entries that are all about beer....

I'm just going to skip reading the first 6 pages and come to the conclusion that the correct method to continually getting faster:

Beeeeer consumption.   Approve

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

DaBurger

I'm just going to skip reading the first 6 pages and come to the conclusion that the correct method to continually getting faster:

While I like the conclusion, I don't think it helps our high school running OP very much.

Know thyself.

--- I'm just looking at this thread for the first time, and comparing the title "Why am I not getting faster", to these page 7 entries that are all about beer....

Actualy, everything was quite constructive until SJ chimed in with information that completely missed the mark.

DaBurger

Actualy, everything was quite constructive until SJ chimed in with information that completely missed the mark.

yup, all 11 posts on page 1, wouldn't be too hard to catch up KL

Know thyself.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

"Your walking mechanics were determined before you could walk. You learned by observing the other humans around you.

As to efficiency, that's a learned skill. If you were born into a shoe wearing culture, then you can learn to run at least 20% faster simply by retraining your body how to move.

Other humans have done it, why can't you?"

---------------------------------------------------

Lol, Okay, I see now what y'all are talking about.  

--I try to avoid conversations alone that start out with that kind of discussion from such as SJ, especially when later posts by them are 1,000 words and have all kinds of references 'supporting' their assertions...  So I will stay out of it.  But... I will say of SJ, that phrase "Too smart for his own good" and "can't see the forest for the trees" does come quickly to mind!  A couple other phrases as well. ...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Ostrich runner

http://www.unionbrewingco.com/

All cask conditioned. You're welcome.

Sigh. It's in Carmel and we wouldn't be able to get whisky there. There's already a 50% chance that any car with a Marion County plate is going to get ticketed, and drinking just makes it worse.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

Sigh. It's in Carmel and we wouldn't be able to get whisky there. There's already a 50% chance that any car with a Marion County plate is going to get ticketed, and drinking just makes it worse.

OMG. Stop you're whining already. You can park at my place and we can drive in a Hamilton Co plated car plus I have five different whiskey and four different small batch bourbons to select as a warm up.